HP Printer Installation error

Thread: HP Printer Installation error

HP Printer Installation error

Hey guys, i hope you guys can help me with this problem.

i have a HP Computer with a HP Printer running on windows ME. Everything was working fine.
    One day i decided to upgrade to Windows XP. Alot of my programs were incompatible with win xp, so i decided to do clean install. When it came to installing my printer, i had to download windows xp drivers on the HP site. Im pretty sure i got the right drivers, i spoke to HP Techies, and they told me i was downloading the right drivers.

Right before completing installation of drivers, it gives me the error message "Parameters are incorrect"

Please help me! i cant figure this out.

OK lets start with what hp printer? How is it connected - usb or parallel?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Victor's problem was resolved in chat by removing the partially installed drivers from add/remove programs, disconnecting the printer, rebooting and reconnecting the printer. When the new hardware was found he browsed to the correct driver as per the installation instructions at hp.com for the 632C deskjet.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."