Need help with ISA server setup

Thread: Need help with ISA server setup

Need help with ISA server setup

Ok here's the deal and bare with me this is only my 2nd attempt at ISA hence the need for an assist.

Currently running a 2K AD Domain in mixed mode (nothing other than 2K boxes currently though)

Box running ISA

AMD Duron 700
    512 MB RAM
    2 3COM 3C905TX 10/100 NICs
    1 80 GB Seagate Barracuda ATA100 drive and a 40 GB IBM (all separate, no spans, raids, or mirroring here)

Network consists of 1 DC and the ISA server to be (formerly a NAT server) and 2 file servers all running 2K Adv Server running SP4'

Now onto the problem............

Me and one of my roomies work at the same company and we both use VPN, so we need to have 2 active VPN's at once if possible (not sure if it is or not).

Everything installed fine, went with the stand alone server install after initializing the schema install, and a new Enterprise array with all other boxes unchecked (forced packet filtering, publishing rules, etc). Go thru the wizards and left it for the most part with only default settings (I think)

with me so far? hope so..........

Built the LAT table just fine and set for PPTP passthru, everything still looks good. Then all is said and done and attempting to get to the internet from that box running ISA (directly connected cable modem (Wideopenwest if it matters)) but it cannot get thru to the internet or even ping the default gateway, lil lone something like google.

Out of the options of firewall, caching, or mixed I went with mixed on the install.

total of 8 boxes that will need Internet access (if it matters not sure.....)

If there are any ISA gurus out there that can decipher this and advise I would be most appreciative. If any more info is needed please dont hesitate to ask..... I just cant think of anything else at the moment as I'm at work and not at the box physically.

Thanks in advance!

TUD

The box that is actualy running ISA server is not designed to have internet access. The only work around i know of for this is to install the Firewall client on the ISA server and allow it to connect through that or to setup up filter rules to allow the server out.

Make sure your NIC order is set correctly or you'll have proxie errors.

you may also want to poke around here for more detailed info. www.isaserver.org
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans