Mandrake and the 3 fingered salute

Thread: Mandrake and the 3 fingered salute

Mandrake and the 3 fingered salute

so I installed Mandrake 9.1 (changing over from Redhat 7.2) recently and have tweaked it all out, but I still can't find where you can tell the system how to react to a ctrl+esc or a ctrl+alt+del

I'm using strictly KDE 3.1.0 and the Redmond Behavior, and i want to set a ctrl+alt+del to bring up the 'task manager' and a ctrl+esc to bring up the K menu. The way it is now is a ctrl+esc brings up the 'process table- KDE system guard' and a ctrl+alt+del brings up the 'end session' dialog where you can logout reboot or restart

any ideas where this is? I seem to remember what i want being default behavior under Redhat 7.2 or a control panel where you could set it.
    "And just when I thought today couldn't get anymore poo-like." -Outcoded

Cool RE: Mandrake and the 3 fingered salute

If you plan to use the GUI to configure the keyboard, you can modify key settings from the KDE control center. Open the control center and go to "Accessibility" then to "Keyboard Shortcuts". From there you have multiple options and tabs to select the action or change settings. There is also a default list of various OS
    emulations you can use or set a custom layout.
    Good Luck!

There it is!!!

Thanks, I think I overlooked that.

Got any tips on getting an intellimouse to work

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Originally posted by craigmodius
    There it is!!!

Thanks, I think I overlooked that.

Got any tips on getting an intellimouse to work
    What wont work with it?
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Re: Intellimouse

The Intellimouse should be auto detected during install with no problem. If you "swapped" mice after the install, again, you can use a GUI config by opening "Drakconf" and go to "Hardware" to do a new setup. You can also open a config GUI by just typing "mousedrake" from a command line as "root". A few variables would be...Are you using a PS/2 or USB ? Do you want 3 button emulation? I'm using an IntelliEye on a KVM switch with no problem. You can also edit your " /etc/X11/XFree86config-4" file in the section where it says "input devices" . If you need some help, let me know and I'll send an example file to get you going. Hope this helps.

RE: Intellimouse

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to my typing. The file you want to edit manually is the " /etc/X11/XF86config-4" file.

Oh yeah the thing auto detected fine as a USB when I installed, I selected the intellimouse and when it goes to test it or configure it locked up bigtime. The only way for me to complete the install of Mandrake was to hook it up as a ps2. Drives me bonkers that it was working fine thru the install prior to that.

same thing if I hook it up and just boot up it will detect changes and it will act like it's going to work until I get almost to the logon screen when it disables.

it works fine as a ps2 mouse (with the little converter) but I'd like it to work as a 5 button usb intellimouse as it did under Redhat 7.2 I don't need 3 button emulation as far as i know.

I've tried the mouseconfig from the Mandrake Control Center and it only does the same thing as it does on install which is lock up.

anyhoo I'm not at home right now so I'll try out your suggestions and post back.

thanks

edit: and it should be noted that the Mandrake Control Center can't be used without a mouse
    Last edited by craigmodius; August 25th, 2003 at 04:52 PM.

RE: Intellimouse

I had the same problem, at install you have to select ps/2 or the install locks-up. Pull up a terminal and vi or your favorite editor "/etc/X11/XF86config-4" and at the "input device" section look for the first entry for the mouse. The driver should be "mouse", the Option Protocol should be "IMPS/2"...This will get the "scroll" action working for the wheel mouse. The Option Device should be "/dev/psaux". The next Option should be changed to "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" exactly this way. This will map the left and right buttons on the mouse. The final Option will read as "Buttons" "3". This will setup 3 button emulation for the mouse. This should be the end of the section. You can also find example configs on the net by looking up " linux /etc/X11/XF86config-4" on Google. Good Luck