Cant remember password
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cant remember password

Cant remember password

anyone know of a program that I could find my password in window xp using fat system I can't go in using saft mode because admin also has a password any help will be appricated

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Hey rudebwoy since the post that NooNoo linked to I tried the bootable cd and had good fortune with it.

I had great luck with the bootable CD as well........ Had a customer whos gf put passwords on his system the day she moved out.... Sucks for someone who uses his cpu for work as a DJ.
    Initiative + Technology = Initech

I have also used the NT password disk, with success. This thing in the wrong hands could be dangerous!

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

The way the web site sounds, I don't think it will work on FAT Partitions.
    "Really???
    What Fun Is A Computer That Works?!?"

PLEASE! Do not mistake my laziness for lack of concern!

Proud member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Cain, a program, is your answer. Get it on Edited by NooNoo

Greetings
    And yea: in the wrong ands can bee bad, but also to its user

PeterPam your link was just a portal, you provided no program name, so I can only assume you are after hits on this site.
    Last edited by NooNoo; September 14th, 2003 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flackt
    I have also used the NT password disk, with success. This thing in the wrong hands could be dangerous!

The way the web site sounds, I don't think it will work on FAT Partitions.
    I have used the disk as well with much success, but it is a dangerous tool. That disk among others I have seen is why I lock the bios on all computers at work and changed the boot order to HD,CD,floppy to keep any unauthorized people from damaging anything.

Angry Cain IS the program nonononono

Look here nonoo: nowbody pays mee to give my contribution to the site you work on. As so, you should bee a litle more carefull with your public conclusions.

Cain is a program, and you should work a litle more to find the truth out of it. I told the link to the portal cause THERE you could do a simple search with CAIN and obtain a link to http://www.oxid.it/ , where you would obtain Cain&Abel, beta version 2.5 i think

I rest my case, waiting to see that public 'sorry'
    so fast you are at shooting

Greetings from the Country of Sun (37º)

Quote Originally Posted by peterpam
    Look here nonoo: nowbody pays mee to give my contribution to the site you work on. As so, you should bee a litle more carefull with your public conclusions.

Cain is a program, and you should work a litle more to find the truth out of it. I told the link to the portal cause THERE you could do a simple search with CAIN and obtain a link to http://www.oxid.it/ , where you would obtain Cain&Abel, beta version 2.5 i think

I rest my case, waiting to see that public 'sorry'
    so fast you are at shooting

Greetings from the Country of Sun (37º)

Peterpam, I do not get paid, this is a voluntary. You could have used google, or as you have here, a direct link.

Portals have a nasty habit of introducing spyware or sending you places you don't want to go.

I have no need to apologise for protecting other voluntary members of this board.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks NooNoo. Peter, she was just looking out for the best intrest of the board. Don't take it personal!

Wink No problem .... By the Way!

No problem, I dont take it personaly. But yea: the truth is to bee told, so did I.
    Just hope no other reply from me will become censored with wrong and injust arguments. It almost appears that nonoo is just after a higher number in the reply counter...

Its Forgoten!

Greetings from the Country of Sun

PS: By the way, I just remembered a trick i already used once, to get a kind of login with a system account (no password on this!)! I used it exactely to reset the admin password in 2000.
    Its very easy, but the only problem is that it dont work witn recent service packs.
    You just go to WinNT\system32 and:
    1 - rename your file logon.scr to logon.old
    2 - copy cmd.exe, paste it and rename it to logon.scr! Its done!
    3 - Just restart and, when the logon scren appears, dont make Ctrl+alt+del to logon. Just seat quiet and wait 15 minutes to the screensaver get started! When it does, it will open the command prompt and all you have to do is write 'explorer', then enter!
    You should then bee in the desktopp, and capable of acessing administrative tools...

That was a too mutch big hole for them to leave open.... Service Packs tooked care of the case

No problem, I dont take it personaly. But yea: the truth is to bee told, so did I.
    Just hope no other reply from me will become censored with wrong and injust arguments. It almost appears that nonoo is just after a higher number in the reply counter...
    Peter since you have chosen to have no email or private messaging contact, I am forced to put this publicly.

You obviously feel that my reason for editing you post is "wrong and injust" You also accuse me of being after a high postcount.

Let me explain to you that being a moderator involves getting a high post count. Prior to my being a moderator I was also one of the most active members. Should you wish to do a search on my name you will find that my technical posts outnumber the frivolous by 10 to 1.

I gave my reasons, for editing your post, you are entitled to believe what you like, but at the end of the day, you put up a site that was about as relevant to finding the program as google is. Please do not use portals - we don't like spam and spyware on our machines.

Yeah...pan man!

Question Anyone knows?

By the way, does anyone knows where a can get a copy of a startup diskette made on Linux specialy to crack and change windows password? I have already seen it working and had it in my hands, but somehow disapeared in my durty and desorganize desk.... If someone can help, please doo
    Thanks

Greetings from the country of Sun (nice night today)

PS: Forgotten Nonoo! Rest!

By the way, does anyone knows where a can get a copy of a startup diskette made on Linux specialy to crack and change windows password? I have already seen it working and had it in my hands, but somehow disapeared in my durty and desorganize desk.... If someone can help, please doo
    Thanks

Greetings from the country of Sun (nice night today)

PS: Forgotten Nonoo! Rest!
    Did you read this Post? All of the links in here are to that proggie. Here it is once again on this site you can make a bootable cd or 3.5 floppy to run the Linux kernel that has a password reset feature. http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
    Last edited by nunob; September 15th, 2003 at 03:26 PM.