Looking for the GUID for my dell computer

Thread: Looking for the GUID for my dell computer

Looking for the GUID for my dell computer

I have a bunch of Dell compputers here where i work. i am trying to get a good solid network runnin gwhere i can manage them remotely. i am currently trying to figure out what the GUID... that is Globally Unique Identification... is. it doesnt' show in the bios of my computers. I have tried the Microsoft site... no luck... and Dell is useless. Any Ideas how ic an find it?

lychondy

This is a joke, right?

Originally posted by Ya_know
    This is a joke, right?

http://www.guid.org/

Apache?????
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Re: Looking for the GUID for my dell computer

Originally posted by Lychondy
    I have a bunch of Dell compputers here where i work. i am trying to get a good solid network runnin gwhere i can manage them remotely. i am currently trying to figure out what the GUID... that is Globally Unique Identification... is. it doesnt' show in the bios of my computers. I have tried the Microsoft site... no luck... and Dell is useless. Any Ideas how ic an find it?

lychondy
    The GUID (similar to SID, but more advanced), used in win2k domains, is assigned, or more appropriately: created during the addition of a PC to a domain. It isn’t like the MAC of a NIC, that is part of the hardware before Windows is even introduced.

What use would you have of this information, and for that matter why would you need it to perform remote administration...?

(good one Doc )