USB 1.1 still supported?

Thread: USB 1.1 still supported?

USB 1.1 still supported?

A few queries re USB 1.1:

1) Do the new USB 2 peripherals also work on USB 1.1 connections (even if they run slower)?

2) Are USB 1.1 devices still available? (If so, where?)

3) If neither of the above is true, is there any point in setting up a USB 1.1 connection on an old computer that won't support USB 2?

M.

Many usb2 devices will support 1.1, but you have to check.

1.1 is available all over the place, but it tends to be older stock... ebay is a good source

A usb2 card is not very expensive and solves the problem completely. Make sure the one you buy comes with usb2 drivers for 98 - it is not possible to put a usb2 card in 95 - even if it is osr2.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Originally posted by NooNoo
    ... A usb2 card is not very expensive and solves the problem completely. Make sure the one you buy comes with usb2 drivers for 98 - it is not possible to put a usb2 card in 95 - even if it is osr2.
    ain't it ? ... errr um I just did, the drivers that came with this £10 pci card seem to work just fine .... (maybe they are only going at usb 1.0 rate - I never looked it was for a motherboard with a faulty ps2 port- for a mouse) - but why do you think usb 2 can't 'go' on 95 .... doing a quick google I can find a very long list of usb2 devices with 95 drivers ....

My apologies if true, I was singing off the ms hymnsheet - thou shalt not install usb2 in 95...

Interestingly there are a number of sites that claim 95 drivers for a particular product for sale such as here

But when you go to the manufacturer site for drivers 95 is absent.... even for 1.1
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Talking

For sure ... when you actually come to find any 95 drivers there probabaly aren't actually any in existence, 98 drivers often work though, upon investigation of my 'example', that's what was actually working (it being 95, I'd just pointed it at the driver disk & it found 'some') - lucky methinks ? or is 95's handling of usb just that of 98 'bolted on' ?

I'd guess any USB2 device that will run on 95 will prolly go at 1.1

But whereas the USB2 patches for some motherboards say Win98 etc, some say Win9.x, so they might work with 95 on those boards?