Mr. Speedy DIGITAL 2000

Thread: Mr. Speedy DIGITAL 2000

Mr. Speedy DIGITAL 2000

I need the drivers for this camera !!!

I've searched with every engine known to man..and most probably woman -- but can't find a single mention of this digi-cam !!!!

It's about 3 years old and looks like it came off the back of a Kellogg's packet...but it is reliable and i've just upgraded to XP without the drivers for it. Muggins here thought i could easily get them again off the net !

Even some type of 'search software' that goes through generic drivers...would be good to try

Can yer help me please

Welcome to Windrivers!

OK, more information time

What country was it bought in? Are there any other numbers on the casing? (The fcc id being the best one failing that every and any number or letters you can find).

Can you find a picture of it?

Edit: OK I know you are in the UK - but did you buy it abroad or off a trader rather than a pc shop?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks NooNoo for your interest........

i'll try and get a pic posted asap but....there's nothing else written on the camera by way of brand name etc...the thinking is that it's a copy of someone elses previous camera.

Features etc include 'hand shake' mode which says if the camera was moved too much during a shot.
    There is only a small memory, which seems to give around 16 pics at 640x480
    It has a flash function
    Aperture is f=5.2mm 1:2.8

Buttons are...'DEL' to delete, 'PC' which sends it into PC upload mode..the shutter button and the switch to turn it on/off
    Thre are jack points on the side for DC in 3V and a 3.5mm jack plug for serial uploads.

serial num is...0552349 and that's the only other thing written !

I'll also take it apart and check for FCC ID tomorrow.

The camera was UK bought.

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thumbs up

What a hero !

The camera appears to be exactly the same one - only mine is silver and thjis one is black !!!

Thanks so much NooNoo...i'm downloading the drivers now

The drivers work

Yay! Glad to help

I bought one of these in Staples a couple of years ago. They were rebadged Jenoptik models. The drivers supplied with the camera by the reseller (Digital Dream, in Dover, IIRC) are still available here .

Also included with the driver CD was "FotoBee" software for acquiring and editing the photos - the 'bee' soon became more irritating than Office's 'Clippy'

Mr Speedy Digital 2000

I have just bought one of these and I have the driver, can send it to you, in return, can you send me a copy of the manual. Don't know how to work it properly. The driver I have is called Fotobee 2.13 version for Windows 95, 98, NT. Cheers Diane

Quote Originally Posted by slider2732
    I need the drivers for this camera !!!

I've searched with every engine known to man..and most probably woman -- but can't find a single mention of this digi-cam !!!!

It's about 3 years old and looks like it came off the back of a Kellogg's packet...but it is reliable and i've just upgraded to XP without the drivers for it. Muggins here thought i could easily get them again off the net !

Even some type of 'search software' that goes through generic drivers...would be good to try

Can yer help me please

Hi Diane...

I obtained the camera from my brother who had owned it a couple of years, but there was no manual.

It's not that techy to work out though, the 'mode' button being the main thing to use.
    Looking at it now....when switched on
    With nothing pressed it is in standard outdoor mode with no flash
    Pressing 'mode' once puts it in 'auto' mode for flash useage
    Pressing 'mode' again puts it in flash mode all the time
    Pressing 'mode' again gives a timer function so it takes a pic with flash a few seconds later
    Pressing 'mode' again gives a 'B' on the screen which i don't know anything about !
    Pressing 'mode' again gives a night scene icon and flash which may give higher contrast with night shots

The 'DEL' button is to erase pictures...i think pressing it once deletes the last picture and keeping it pressed or pressing it twice deletes all pictures.

The 'PC' button is for when uploading to the computer

And that's about it i think

Thumbs up Mr Speedy DIGITAL 2000

Hey, thank you kindly. I've been having a play with it and making some progress, your post has made all the difference, bless you. Good wishes Diane

Quote Originally Posted by slider2732
    Hi Diane...

I obtained the camera from my brother who had owned it a couple of years, but there was no manual.

It's not that techy to work out though, the 'mode' button being the main thing to use.
    Looking at it now....when switched on
    With nothing pressed it is in standard outdoor mode with no flash
    Pressing 'mode' once puts it in 'auto' mode for flash useage
    Pressing 'mode' again puts it in flash mode all the time
    Pressing 'mode' again gives a timer function so it takes a pic with flash a few seconds later
    Pressing 'mode' again gives a 'B' on the screen which i don't know anything about !
    Pressing 'mode' again gives a night scene icon and flash which may give higher contrast with night shots

The 'DEL' button is to erase pictures...i think pressing it once deletes the last picture and keeping it pressed or pressing it twice deletes all pictures.

The 'PC' button is for when uploading to the computer

And that's about it i think

Smile Whoever you might be 'diane' read this bit too !

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Noo being her usual brilliant self, found a link with mannuals on it too

Check it out ! 2.76 MB to download a 'pdf' which you need adobe acrobat reader to open