[RESOLVED] help! packard bell

Thread: [RESOLVED] help! packard bell

professorplum

Post help! packard bell

i have an old packard bell 133 and the drivers for the A floppy) and D cd-rom) are both missing, i.e.- neither of the two work. my overall goal is to wipe the hard-drive and put linux on the machine, I NEED HELP! please help me, thanks.
    - kyle

In one of the really, really Blue states.

The floppy doesn't need a driver. If it is set up in the bos correctly and doesn't work replace it.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush

Harry_W

Pac Bell is now NEC
    The reason I don't like 'brand' name machines is the proprietary nature of the hardware and going to the original mfg you find Pac Bell and other have exclusives made.

An older 486 with a bigger drive (>1 Gig) should do it- that's what I'm doing with some unsellable 486's I have

Motherboards that are all-in-one you have to get the chip numbers to trace the drivers.

Give yourself 40 hours over 1 month - any longer try another route.

Make it fun not a headache

DesertEagle

Packard bell used Panasonic drives I believe. Linux will detect the CDROM as a IDE drive unless it is hooked to the sound card. I have a PB with Linux and I had no probs setting it up cept for the sound so I axed the sound card.

[email protected]

kennethstarrfp

Packitin Bell is now NEC? NEC stands for Never Ending Crap! NO wonder why the products F U C K I N G S H I T me off!!!

------------------
    Don't **** with me, I'm running LINUX!