NT Authority\System shutdowns...

Thread: NT Authority\System shutdowns...

NT Authority\System shutdowns...

I've recently started suffering from repetitive NT Authority\System shutdowns, following initiation of dialup connection. It gives me maybe five seconds before throwing up the ...shutdown in x seconds... dialogue box. I'm using a basic winmodem, IE6 or Opera 6, any suggestions?
    FAIR USE IS A RIGHT, NOT A PRIVILEDGE.

Athlon 1700XP, MSI K7 Master S, 512MB Crucial 2100, 2 × 18.2GB Maxtor Atlas 10K III, Bog-standard Geforce 2 Ti 64MB DDR, nice big Iiyama VMPro 452 and a SBLive! somewhere in there too, with the mother of all custom paintjobs on my spanking new Aopen H600A. And you wouldn't believe how stable 98SE/ME is on it!! 2K/XP however, now that's a different
    story... Damned ACPI!!

Quote Originally Posted by Falanx
    I've recently started suffering from repetitive NT Authority\System shutdowns, following initiation of dialup connection. It gives me maybe five seconds before throwing up the ...shutdown in x seconds... dialogue box. I'm using a basic winmodem, IE6 or Opera 6, any suggestions?

Virus... MSblast is shutding down yoru system. apply all the latest patchs, specialy the RPC patchs of the last few months.
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

Quote Originally Posted by Matridom
    Virus... MSblast is shutding down yoru system. apply all the latest patchs, specialy the RPC patchs of the last few months.
    This is correct, but if the machine will not stay up, type shutdown -a in the run line window to keep it on long enough to do what has to be done.

ctrl-alt-del and kill the msblast.exe process will help as well......
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!