Globespan Virata cant configure FTP server

Thread: Globespan Virata cant configure FTP server

Globespan Virata cant configure FTP server

Guys..... you MUST help me.
    I am fighting for a month with my %$#$% Adsl router which has globespan virata gs8100 firmware.
    The best i did is to run an ftp server and with the client able to login to the firmware files....
    Please help me to configure an outside access via ftp to my computer.
    Thanks in advance.
    Hagi

What's the exact model? Firmware really doesn't help unless we know the model.

Shot in the dark but here is a manual for a modem/router that has that brand. Check page 106 for portforwarding info. Cheers.

Link to Manual
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Model is Dynamode AR502 and attached manual

Quote Originally Posted by Gollo
    What's the exact model? Firmware really doesn't help unless we know the model.

Shot in the dark but here is a manual for a modem/router that has that brand. Check page 106 for portforwarding info. Cheers.

Link to Manual
    http://www.dynamode.co.il/main-ftp/A...r%20manual.pdf

Look at pages 40-47 (adobe) or pages 32-39 (paper this is also the number of the page when you scroll down to the bottom of said page). It explains how to setup your ftp ports for forwarding. Also remember that if you are using port based ftp then you have to open port 20 as well as 21. If you are using a pasive (pasv) based server then only 21 is needed. Good luck.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

Thanks, i'll check it out soon

Quote Originally Posted by Gollo
    Look at pages 40-47 (adobe) or pages 32-39 (paper this is also the number of the page when you scroll down to the bottom of said page). It explains how to setup your ftp ports for forwarding. Also remember that if you are using port based ftp then you have to open port 20 as well as 21. If you are using a pasive (pasv) based server then only 21 is needed. Good luck.
    Thanks for looking.
    Have a great week.

Can't get it to work

I configured napt and rdr to my net address.
    The only things i get when i connect with ftp client is the files of the router itself (a directory named home).
    Please help if you can.....
    tried several ftp servers without success.
    Thank you

Try this: Change the forwarded port from 21 to say 27 and have it forwarded to your server. Then when you connect with your client set the port to port 27 (or whatever port you set it to). Also you might try searching the manual to see if you can disable that feature. It sounds like you can ftp into the router for updates and such so you can probably disable it. Good luck.