Meaning of Life
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Meaning of Life

Meaning of Life

Edited by NooNoo

Ephmynus, while I believe that is the most insightful thing I have ever heard anyone say, I really think that people should not be told what the meaning of life is, rather, they should find out for themselves.

Edit: However, based upon the wonderful knowledge you have so graciously provided, I think I have made the decision to put in my notice at work. This life is too short to live working.
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

Banned

i remember i was feeling down and one of my good friends was with me and told me these great words.

lifes a b*tch then you die.

so i try to have more fun now, at work they want me to work alot of overtime and i keep turning it down. overtime is like 30 bucks an hour. but screw that i dont want to be working when i can be outside in a nice sunny day

Hello Hello, Yes hello to me and hello to you, I am the Crap On and i live in a zoo and its such a friendly old zoo and such fun you'll enjoy yes you will everyone, every two will enjoy it, every three, every four. so come visit my zoo and come up on four.

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

Remember the proverb "you never know what you`ve got till its gone"............

Middle age spread...........BLUB... where did that come from?
    Ran a mile in 6 minutes as a youth but cant catch a cold nowardays.....
    Great long locks of hair turn into a solar panels for your sex machine [yea right!]
    Your socks seem harder and harder to to get on every year.....
    8 hours sleep is never enough.....

Your only young once

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers

AGE OR WAIST SIZE

supporting NooNoo's argument...

Scene: [Large corporate boardroom filled with suited executives]
    Exec #1: Item six on the agenda: "The Meaning of Life" Now uh, Harry, you've had some thoughts on this.
    Exec #2: Yeah, I've had a team working on this over the past few weeks, and what we've come up with can be reduced to two fundamental concepts. One: People aren't wearing enough hats. Two: Matter is energy. In the universe there are many energy fields which we cannot normally perceive. Some energies have a spiritual source which act upon a person's soul. However, this "soul" does not exist ab initio as orthodox Christianity teaches; it has to be brought into existence by a process of guided self-observation. However, this is rarely achieved owing to man's unique ability to be distracted from spiritual matters by everyday trivia.
    Exec #3: What was that about hats again?
    Exec #2: Oh, Uh... people aren't wearing enough.
    Exec #1: Is this true?
    Exec #4: Certainly. Hat sales have increased but not pari passu, as our research...
    Exec #3: [Interrupting] "Not wearing enough"? enough for what purpose?
    Exec #5: Can I just ask, with reference to your second point, when you say souls don't develop because people become distracted...
    [looking out window]
    Exec #5: Has anyone noticed that building there before?
    "And just when I thought today couldn't get anymore poo-like." -Outcoded

Scene: [The End Of The Film]
    Lady Presenter: Well, that's the end of the film. Now, here's the meaning of life.
    [Receives an envelope.]
    Lady Presenter: Thank you, Brigitte.
    [Opens envelope, reads what's inside.]
    Lady Presenter: M-hmm. Well, it's nothing very special. Uh, try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations. And, finally, here are some completely gratuitous pictures of penises to annoy the censors and to hopefully spark some sort of controversy, which, it seems, is the only way, these days, to get the jaded, video-sated public off their f**king arses and back in the sodding cinema! Family entertainment? Bollocks! What they want is filth: people doing things to each other with chainsaws during tupperware parties, babysitters being stabbed with knitting needles by gay presidential candidates, vigilante groups strangling chickens, armed bands of theatre critics exterminating mutant goats! Where's the fun in pictures?! Oh, well, there we are. Here's the theme music. Goodnight.
    "And just when I thought today couldn't get anymore poo-like." -Outcoded

I keep having to log in again.

Quote Originally Posted by Platypus
    I keep having to log in again.
    Must be on the forum moderators offenders list

You mean they caught me?

Quote Originally Posted by ephmynus
    Edited by NooNoo

Ephmynus, while I believe that is the most insightful thing I have ever heard anyone say, I really think that people should not be told what the meaning of life is, rather, they should find out for themselves.

Edit: However, based upon the wonderful knowledge you have so graciously provided, I think I have made the decision to put in my notice at work. This life is too short to live working.
    WTF did old f-minus actually say then ? .... was there really a need to edit it ? ... come on we get 'told' stuff all the time. This seems to imply we aren't capable of judging stuff for ourselves which would then stuff up the reason for editing it in the god damn first place !!!!!!!!!!!

The meaning of life is to profligate the species ... for those 'hard' of understanding - that'd be "sow you oats" !

All I have to say of the 'meaning of life question' is to remember that this life is not a dress rehersal & no re-runs either ! Enjoy it ! life is of course too short, well it is, if you live it ...

Hee hee...

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    profligate the species
    Last edited by Platypus; September 19th, 2003 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    WTF did old f-minus actually say then ? .... was there really a need to edit it ? ... come on we get 'told' stuff all the time. This seems to imply we aren't capable of judging stuff for ourselves which would then stuff up the reason for editing it in the god damn first place !!!!!!!!!!!
    That synchs it…you’re an idiot! (unless you actually got the joke and were just playing along)

First off, the tone of “NooNoo’s” edit wasn’t the norm for her. Second, F-minus has a brilliant sense of humor, therefore I have to assume he faked the whole thing. He had me fooled for a second, but by the time I finished his post I had already figured it out. I think everyone else here did too, well except you…

Thanks for the laugh (I am hoping at your expense)!

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    That synchs it…you’re an idiot! (unless you actually got the joke and were just playing along)...
    Mmmm the possibility had cross-ed my mind ... of course I'm confus-ed, so I couldn't point it out directly now, could I ? ... but you've spoilt the god damned joke now ! .... you might be lucky though - 'cos most people only seem to read the first & last posts & then not even them properly .... so if we post lots of stuff & miss the point a great deal (You know like usual !), you'll still see folks confus-ed by it all !