PRinters

Thread: PRinters

Banned

PRinters

Are there any certs or classes or anything like that for HP printers? ANything that would help get to the front of the line when ordering stuff like fusers and the like?

I spent 4 hours on the phone with them, I knew I needed a fuser, but they made me keep trying this and that and that and this(which all I had already done). Plus, I would just like to be able to do more troubleshooting and all.

Cleetus, I have sent you a pm, someone is using your account and posting outside the tech lounge...

hp certification program
    Last edited by NooNoo; September 22nd, 2003 at 03:50 PM.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Banned
    I might be looking in the wrong places, but I haven't seen anything anywhere around their site that has anything to do with printers. I really want something that goes beyond A+ printing sections, that also allows me to be able to call up when I need a new fuser or roller or whatever. Plus, it could help me pull in some more money and branch out into doing other things.

Our company typically buys our fusers, rollers, etc. from PartsNow!

We have had very good success with them. They have practically all of the parts, maintenance kits, etc. that you could need. If you to buy a part, they will sell it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJ
    Our company typically buys our fusers, rollers, etc. from PartsNow!

We have had very good success with them. They have practically all of the parts, maintenance kits, etc. that you could need. If you to buy a part, they will sell it to you.
    I think he was looking for warrantee freebees from HP...

Banned
    Yeah, of my 50-60 printers, over half are still in warranty, so I would just be throwing money away by just ordering/buying the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    Yeah, of my 50-60 printers, over half are still in warranty, so I would just be throwing money away by just ordering/buying the parts.
    Tried calling HP and seeing if they know?

/me ducks
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Banned
    That;s it, headin back to the lounge where know one tries to act with "reason" or use that silly "logic" stuff with me.

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Tried calling HP and seeing if they know?

/me ducks
    But to call them means another hour on hold...

Goodbye Cleetus, sorry to see you go!

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Cleetus, I have sent you a pm, someone is using your account and posting outside the tech lounge...

hp certification program
    &
    Quote Originally Posted by cleetus
    I might be looking in the wrong places, but I haven't seen anything anywhere around their site that has anything to do with printers...
    WHAT ? the HP site isn't about printers ?, but it is out of date .... maybe Noo writing in little letters confus-ed you !!

So I'll give you yet another link for the "APS (accredited presales consultant ) imaging and printing solutions" - this time I'll write it big !http://www.hp.com/certification/regi...solutions.html

Once upon a time you could become an HP certified professional ... now you can't since their merger with Comcrap, now you need to be an APS ....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    &

WHAT ? the HP site isn't about printers ?, but it is out of date .... maybe Noo writing in little letters confus-ed you !!

So I'll give you yet another link for the "APS (accredited presales consultant ) imaging and printing solutions" - this time I'll write it big !http://www.hp.com/certification/regi...solutions.html

Once upon a time you could become an HP certified professional ... now you can't since their merger with Comcrap, now you need to be an APS ....
    Wow, you link led to color printer classes and then I could rummage around and finaly found a single web-based class for the 4xxx series of printers. Oh well, gonna look locally at the colleges and stuff for some stuff and stuff

Wow, you link led to color printer classes and then I could rummage around and finaly found a single web-based class for the 4xxx series of printers. Oh well, gonna look locally at the colleges and stuff for some stuff and stuff
    Isn't there like a zillion links on that page to free resources ... where TF you register seems to be another thing ... the hp rep gave me the link from his own training material. I shall enquire ....

Talking Cert.

Are there any certs or classes or anything like that for HP printers? ANything that would help get to the front of the line when ordering stuff like fusers and the like?

I spent 4 hours on the phone with them, I knew I needed a fuser, but they made me keep trying this and that and that and this(which all I had already done). Plus, I would just like to be able to do more troubleshooting and all.

OK Well You might call TechData. They used to have what was the cert. for Laserjet printers. This used to be in the Bay area of California. You could call them and I am sure that they might have something else that replaced it. I took the week long course about 5 years ago.

HP does have printer certification. The company I work for got the service and the techs had to take the HP printer exams. They have one exam for each model of the printers. HP sent our company some training CDs and you take the exams online. The exams were open book. Here is a link that might help you.

http://www.partner.americas.hp.com/

Unfortunately the process didn't help us very much. Our company did not get the extended warranties so most of the time we could not get replacement. When we did get the replacement, it was a pain to go through. For us anyway.

I hope that helps.

Dave Bock