wireless help

Thread: wireless help

wireless help

I've set up a dlink DI-614+ router wired to 2 pc's fine, and now I am trying to setup a wireless one. It is using a robanton usb wireless adaptor in win2k, and the monitoring software says it's connected but there is a red x through it and I can't connect to the internet or the network. I'm on the same workgroup and ssid. If I tell the configuration software to connect in ad-hoc mode, it say's it is connected and the red x goes away but I can't reach the network or internet. Should I try a different usb adaptor?
    I haven't had a problem with this model before, I've set up a few wireless networks with them ok. This one is driving me crazy.
    "You've been livin' on the razor's edge, since you began to shave...
    Make sure you live, you're a long time dead, cradle to the grave"-Motorhead

Lightbulb Ahh Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by cabal
    I've set up a dlink DI-614+ router wired to 2 pc's fine, and now I am trying to setup a wireless one. It is using a robanton usb wireless adaptor in win2k, and the monitoring software says it's connected but there is a red x through it and I can't connect to the internet or the network. I'm on the same workgroup and ssid. If I tell the configuration software to connect in ad-hoc mode, it say's it is connected and the red x goes away but I can't reach the network or internet. Should I try a different usb adaptor?
    I haven't had a problem with this model before, I've set up a few wireless networks with them ok. This one is driving me crazy.
    I had roughly the same problem...I was able to solve it with the cool people here...
    http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin...ad.php?t=51481

Anyway, one question; what are properties of the wireless connection in control panel? In other words, what types of protocols and crap are installed? I realized I needed NetBios on all 3 of my computers, and I had to enable NetBios over TCP/IP.

The link to the post above should help. If not post again, and I'll try to go into detail...as I said, I didn't know crap until I was helped on the forums here.

Good luck!
    "I am an expert of electricity. My father occupied the chair of applied electricity at the state prison." - WC Fields