Power Supplies - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Power Supplies

Yes we tested the psu and it was fine. Again thanks for the help. Keystone

Keystone, we use to sell those motherboards so unless like NooNoo said, it's a modified one for one of the big OEM's then no it's a standard power supply.

What we would have done is test the supply first and if it was bad then possible replaced the MB. Since the power supply was good we would have at best sold him another board at a reduced rate.

AS far as policy.... if you install it.... you take responsibility... if it's actually a bad part we will make good....although in a case like this ( if the power supply did turn out bad ) how do we know if it wasn't good UNTIL he plugged in into his board!!!!
    Don't hate me because I'm a US citizen!

LOL the customer just came in and bought a modem. He got zapped by a surge or lightning. I guess I am lucky that he didn't blame the modem on the power supply too. Thanks Keystone

Quote Originally Posted by keystone
    LOL the customer just came in and bought a modem. He got zapped by a surge or lightning. I guess I am lucky that he didn't blame the modem on the power supply too. Thanks Keystone

Serves him right.
    Going back to your original post, you did nothing wrong.
    Now that we know the PSU was good:
    mainboard was probably dead to begin with or he made a big mistake.
    Like I said, you acted admirably and obviously kept a customer, but, did the sale of the modem make up for "giving" him a free mainboard?

Cool

In our store, we have a policy in place stating that if a customer buys a component to install themselves they will only receive manufacturer warranty (as in, if something goes wrong, they have to deal with the manufacturer). It is both written and verbally given to them before they leave with the part. If we install the part and something goes wrong, we will remedy the situation. My only advice is to get a policy in place, whether it's a piece of paper that you hand them with the part or whatever. You handled it well, though.