[RESOLVED] Acemaster 16 joystick

Thread: [RESOLVED] Acemaster 16 joystick

JRocketeer

Unhappy Acemaster 16 joystick

I have a 4-button joystick with throttle from Radio Shack called the AceMaster 16. It works in DOS games but not Windows, presumably because I don't have a driver for it (Windows doesn't detect the joystick). Where can I find one?

Thanks,
    Jordan

Talking

Usually joy sticks do not have drivers. simply open up the windows control panel,select game controllers and setup your joy stick through there. there will probably be no listing for your particular stick, so select custom and set it up with all the options your controller has. you can then test it after it has been setup and make sure all the options work. If it tests fine in there but still does not work with your games, then its time to go and buy a name brand product that is supported.

JRocketeer

I get the message "your Gameport or Gameport drivers are not properly configured. Please consult the device manager." Actually, I get this even with a brand-name joystick, so it seems to be my gameport, but I have no clue what kind of settings I have to change. My sound card works fine. Thanks.

Originally posted by Damned Angel:
    Usually joy sticks do not have drivers. simply open up the windows control panel,select game controllers and setup your joy stick through there. there will probably be no listing for your particular stick, so select custom and set it up with all the options your controller has. you can then test it after it has been setup and make sure all the options work. If it tests fine in there but still does not work with your games, then its time to go and buy a name brand product that is supported.

Lightbulb

In GAME CONTROLLERS/ADVANCED is your port driver set as standard, if it is, is there and alternative one in there you could try ?
    feel free to comment on my website. <a href="http://www.bytes-back.co.uk" target="_blank">http://www.bytesback.fsbusiness.co.uk</a>

JRocketeer

Originally posted by paul cunningham:
    In GAME CONTROLLERS/ADVANCED is your port driver set as standard, if it is, is there and alternative one in there you could try ?
    When I go there, there is nothing selected as the driver. When I change it to standard, close, and then re-open the window, standard seems to be deselected again. I'm not sure if that's supposed to happen, but it still doesn't let me add a joystick. No other options are there besides standard.

Thanks guys!