SUN DLT4000 Driver

Thread: SUN DLT4000 Driver

Angry SUN DLT4000 Driver

Is there such a thing a windows NT driver for a SUN DLT4000 tpae drive. I would like to re-use this device on a NT server.

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Is this saying that this drive, if it has SUN firmware on it, will not accept generic firmware and that the generic formware is needed for NT to see it?

That's what I understood, but I haven't any experience with either NT or DLT drives... so you will have to wait for someone that has I'm afraid.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Sun does not use drivers within its own environment, thus does not offer drivers for other environments.
    From their website !

They say consult the OEM for drivers ! But you didn't say who that was .... I know other people who make DLT 4000s ... but do Sun make them themselves ? I don't think so.....

The drive is SUN labeled. No indication who the OEM is for this device. Does anyone know?

I think you'll have to 'google it' until you find whoever made that unit, there's Quantum, Tandberg, Dell, Compaq ......

I'm almost certain Sun don't make them themselves, they might - perhaps ask them? Sun Products & Services

There's a user forum in there somewhere's too, perhaps some linux geek lurking there can answer .... sorry

Well...the only thing I could find is downloads for hp surestore 15 slot with dlt4000. Of course, this is for a 15 slot unit...

There are downloads for WinNT as well as Solaris, etc.

I know that sometimes Sun & HP use the same units...might be worth a try.

Also, if this Sun device has a High Voltage Differential SCSI, you won't be able to see it with a normal SCSI card such as an Adaptec 2940...you will need the 2944...
    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/pro...key=AHA-2944UW

Believe me...I've already been that route...

I see the device just fine - it's even listed as SUN DLT4000 (No driver loaded)

Just need the stinkinig driver - Do you really think a HP driver could work? I may just leave it with the SUN box - so when we sell it they'll have both.

Mmmm maybe sun did make it Sun spare parts They have spares !

Still can't find any drivers, though, but if device manager sees it does it need any? Does it not just need backup s/w that knows about it .... ?

I do think Sun themselves are worth a shot, they ought to know its part no is 370-2865 I think .... perhaps you can verify that from the unit...

Talking Try This !!!!!!!!

I have a driver...

It's a "massaged" Quantum DLT4000 driver , which seems to work ok on a SUN DLT4000 under XP , and should work with 2000 etc.

for some reason this board wont allow me to attach it , so email me, if you need a copy.

[email protected]

Talking Re : Try This !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by garfin
    I have a driver...

It's a "massaged" Quantum DLT4000 driver , which seems to work ok on a SUN DLT4000 under XP , and should work with 2000 etc.

for some reason this board wont allow me to attach it , so email me, if you need a copy.

[email protected]
    Well welcome to windrivers garfin - where were you when this was originally posted then ????

...the date of the post is "12-14-2002"(that's 14th of December last year for those of us who read dates the 'right' way around) - I suspect you know that though .... btw this board don't do attachments !!!
    Last edited by confus-ed; October 9th, 2003 at 10:04 AM.