share removable drive in winxp

Thread: share removable drive in winxp

share removable drive in winxp

is it possible to share removable drive in winxp? i,ve an internal card reader but detected as removable drive in winxp but there is not share option when right click on it. any advise?

Yeah you should be able to. Make sure that all your network settings are correct. What brand and model is it? Post this info. Maybe somebody else has experianced the same thing. Anyways I have used two different models and (they were both usb external though) and they both share fine. Just remember though to make sure nobody is reading or writing to the card when you take it out. This can/will lead to data loss. (been there done that )
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Hi! thanks for the info the brand was Twinmos which i got it cheap during a promotion; the funny thing is even twinmos does not have this product in their webpage. I'm using the default winxp drivers to detect this device through wondered if this could be the problem