Outlook 2000 - Duplicate emails

Thread: Outlook 2000 - Duplicate emails

Outlook 2000 - Duplicate emails

I have a user who is receiving duplicate emails. She is using outlook 2000 and gets two of every email in her inbox. I have never seen this before and dont really know where to look to fix it. I tried microsoft technet but couldnt find anything that related to her problem. I will try and do a goole search and see if I can find anything.

Is the mail to an address provided by an ISP? Exchange server interal? More information...

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    Is the mail to an address provided by an ISP? Exchange server interal? More information...

It is an internal MTA, which we have checked and that is not the problem. I believe it is something client based.

Quote Originally Posted by gpint
    It is an internal MTA, which we have checked and that is not the problem. I believe it is something client based.
    I've also had this problem before at work when i used to use Outlook 2000.

My PC would autocheck for any new messages every 15 mins. But sometimes when it did this, it would pull back all the emails received over the past day or 2. So what appeared on my screen was a weird listing of Read, Not-read (in bold), read, not-read, etc.

I think it was to do with the settings regarding storing the messages on the server or something. But i also started to think that it might have been the POP server software used on our mail server.

I'm sorry but i never did find a fix because we got forced to move to Lotus Notes

The only thing i can think of is that you possibly try using another email client on the PC for a week or so? It might then indicate if it's a problem with the client s/w or the Server. i.Scribe is a nice little freebie i've used from time to time