HP Printer on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise

Thread: HP Printer on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise

Exclamation HP Printer on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise

Hey guys, i just got Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition, and i have an HP PSC 750 Printer/Scanner/Copier. Now all the drivers i have from widows 2000 or XP work just fine, besides the HP driver. The native driver in windows runs the printer without a hitch, but i have no scanning option whatsoever. trying to install the latest drivers from HP gives me an error that installation is not supported on Windows 5.1, 5.2, or 5.3. tried running in compatibility mode, no difference. tried installing a scanner manually, no difference. tried installing the HP drivers manually, and fail once again. any ideas would be greatly appreciated. feel free to e-mail to [email protected] if you need system specs or anything else.

Computer Operating Systems Supported by HP All-in-One Products. Of course, Windows Server 2003 is not listed. It does say that for WinXP,
    Not included on the original software CD-ROM. Download or order a new CD-ROM .[/PHP]

Are you trying to hook up via parallel or USB?

Will Not Install Correctly in Windows. You might have to completely Uninstall and then try the Install routine again...it lists step-by-step procedures.

Drivers & Downloads for the psc750xi.

Just a couple of suggestions...let us know how ends up...Good Luck!

Hooking up via USB. this same printer worked while running Windows 2000, and worked also under Windows XP. seems to be Windows Server 2003 causing the conflict... and where as it's so new, there's no drivers specifically for it from HP yet. tried both sites, no luck. one of them referred to the error i have, and said it's because i installed windows XP on a computer made for 98 or ME... so it looks like i'm stuck with it like this until they come up with something better eh?

Quote Originally Posted by fourtyseven
    Hooking up via USB. this same printer worked while running Windows 2000, and worked also under Windows XP. seems to be Windows Server 2003 causing the conflict... and where as it's so new, there's no drivers specifically for it from HP yet. tried both sites, no luck. one of them referred to the error i have, and said it's because i installed windows XP on a computer made for 98 or ME... so it looks like i'm stuck with it like this until they come up with something better eh?
    I have had the same PSC for nearly 3 years. When I upgraded to XP, I had no scanner functionality. It took months for HP to send a driver disk to me for full use.

Don't hold your breath.......
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

'Installation is not Supported in Windows 5.1, 5.2, 5.3' Message. Of course, this refers to WinXP is not supported by the CDROM that was shipped with the unit.

Go here to order CD for the PSC 700 Series Software Kit.

Hopefully, you won't be rotting in your grave before you receive it.

You could also try Contacting HP Tech Support. Click on the link to email tech support...a dead link window will come up asking you where do you want to go. Select Support for a product I own...and then follow the bouncing ball to HP printer/scanner/copier and then select your model. These guys are usually pretty good at responding within a day or so. Let us know if they ever replied and if they have a solution for WinServer2003.

That sucks. My HP G85 works on XP, including the scanner with the native XP drivers. The HP drivers/software is a piece of bloatware crap. I haven't tried it on Server 03.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

I have both software CDs for Windows 98, ME and 2000. as well as the CD for XP, and neither of them work any better. i've tried it on another computer with XP just to make sure it's not the machine, and the scanner works excellent. after playing around with it, i even got it to detect the scanner under windows 2003, but only when installing the new hardware, after that it was nowhere to be found, and couldn't use it.

shedloads of services are turned off in 2k3... have a look to see if you have got the appropriate services running.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."