Compaq LTE ELITE 4/75CX Card services driver

Thread: Compaq LTE ELITE 4/75CX Card services driver

Compaq LTE ELITE 4/75CX Card services driver

Greetings

I'm after a little bit of help i have a customer who has a Compaq LTE ELITE 4/75CX laptop thats running windows 95 rev B, the system has 11 meg of ram and is a 486 summit or other.

What happens is when a PCMCIA nic is inserted a PCMCIA card services device appears under other devices in the devices manager this devices has an (!) by it, i'm told that it needs a driver for the PCMCIA port of the lappy so that win95 will recognize the devices correctly i'm then guessing it will ask me for the driver fro the nic card once the card services is running under 95.

I've looked on the Compaq/HP site and i've been unable to find any mention let alone a driver for the laptops PCMCIA Card services, Also i've been around the houses with google with the same joy.

Thanks in advance for help in this matter
    The customer is always right sometimes confused, mis-informed,rude, stubborn, changeable and even downright stupid. BUT NEVER WRONG

It doesnt matter how many times you phone us your computer wont get fixed any quicker.

sounds like they never got installed right....Other tip, always have a look at the linux google entries, the often have the info you need. "The PCMCIA controller VLSI 82C146 is compatible with i82365"
    Then you go looking for that device at a more useful site like ibm....and voila !
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."