Win XP Pro Install - NTFS Full Format

Thread: Win XP Pro Install - NTFS Full Format

Angry Win XP Pro Install - NTFS Full Format

Hi. i recently tried to re-install Win XP Pro on my machine, but when I tried to format using the NTFS Full format option it kept stalling before it finished giving a stop at 0xa or something like that. I tried three different hard drives in two systems and got similar results. Finally I tried doing a quick format with NTFS and I didn't have any problems.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Dormouse
    Hi. i recently tried to re-install Win XP Pro on my machine, but when I tried to format using the NTFS Full format option it kept stalling before it finished giving a stop at 0xa or something like that. I tried three different hard drives in two systems and got similar results. Finally I tried doing a quick format with NTFS and I didn't have any problems.

Any thoughts?
    IDE drivers. if your on a raid card or your hardware is flaky is about the best i can think of
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

Quote Originally Posted by Matridom
    IDE drivers. if your on a raid card or your hardware is flaky is about the best i can think of
    It's just a plain ol' IDE drive and standard controller. Nothing fancy.

We need more details, what is the hard drive make and model, the motherboard make and model, what type of ide cable are you using? Most important, what is the EXACT error message you get when formatting?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."