Computer reboots

Thread: Computer reboots

Computer reboots

We have had three Acer Veritor 7100 computers from the same business doing the same thing. The computers are P3 1.0, 128 ram, 20 gig hd, and windows 98.
    They reboot at ramdom times. You can boot into safe mood and they run fine. We have check for viruses, video,memory,cpu,power supply and hard drive. We have put a fresh copy of windows 98 on them and they still reboot. Machines are in different places in their building and have been brought to us at different times. I am not sure if they have a power problem. We have replaced the mother board on two of them and it has fixed it. I can see two, but three. Just wanted to know if anyone has seen this or am I over looking something.
    Thanks Keystone

Quote Originally Posted by keystone
    We have had three Acer Veritor 7100 computers from the same business doing the same thing. The computers are P3 1.0, 128 ram, 20 gig hd, and windows 98.
    They reboot at ramdom times. You can boot into safe mood and they run fine. We have check for viruses, video,memory,cpu,power supply and hard drive. We have put a fresh copy of windows 98 on them and they still reboot. Machines are in different places in their building and have been brought to us at different times. I am not sure if they have a power problem. We have replaced the mother board on two of them and it has fixed it. I can see two, but three. Just wanted to know if anyone has seen this or am I over looking something.
    Thanks Keystone
    It could very well be the power to the building. Some boards reboot with a very small disruption in power while others take a little longer to do the same thing. The last building I worked in had one office that had its' computers periodically reboot randomly. The power to the office would brown just enough. A UPC with line conditioning fixed it. Try line conditioning on the last computer and see if that fixes it for you.
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

Good idea jitBob, but it still reboots. Thanks Keystone

Quote Originally Posted by keystone
    .We have replaced the mother board on two of them and it has fixed it. I can see two, but three. Just wanted to know if anyone has seen this or am I over looking something.
    You're not overlooking anything, you found the problem.
    These are what, four year old PC's?
    Yeah, three out of three.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    You're not overlooking anything, you found the problem.
    These are what, four year old PC's?
    Yeah, three out of three.
    I didn't know how to say it so eloquently, but since he did, I concur...

Okay thanks For the help. Keystone

by any chance, are they all integraded pcs with modems and a 90w power supply ? some gateway computers used to have that problem..
    also, maybe they are full of dust overheating and shuting down ! ? ! ? ! ?
    just an idea
    Assumption is the mother of all fucl< ups

Everything is intigrated video,sound,nic, but no modem. Machines have been pretty clean inside. Thanks Keystone

and the memoey checks out ok? you tested it in another system? or tryed new ram in that and see if it still reboots?