[RESOLVED] Touchpad

Thread: [RESOLVED] Touchpad

Protoss

Post Touchpad

I have a Synaptics Touchpad on my Compaq Presario 1830. I grew tired of using the touch pad so I installed a Belkin mouse (not USB). When I installed it, a dialog popped up saying if I want to make the Belkin mouse the default mouse device. I said yes. Now some of the buttons of the Synaptics touchpad on my Compaq won't work anymore. I tried installing the drivers that I downloaded from Synaptics website, but I keep on getting this error:

The top part of the window in the blue bar said "Enum\BIOS\*PNP0F13\0D" and the error message was "SURegCreateKey".

What does this mean? How can I fix it and restore all the functions of the Synaptics Touchpad?

Have you tried turning the machine off, unplugging the mouse, rebooting the machine and see if it changes the touchpad back to the default device?

Protoss

I already tried that and my laptop either loads up without a mouse or it says it can't detect any mouse plugged in.

I'm not sure what your problem would be, but suggest posting in tech to tech forum as more people who could help you would see your question/problem.

Sorry I couldn't help
    Good luck