How Do I Import Favorite Places from IE 6.0 to Netscape 7.1?

Thread: How Do I Import Favorite Places from IE 6.0 to Netscape 7.1?

How Do I Import Favorite Places from IE 6.0 to Netscape 7.1?

Hey Gang,

I am trying to import my favorite places from IE 6.0 into Netscape 7.1. Does anyone know how to do it?

I have quite a few (701 to be exact). Importing each one individually might take awhile. Is there a faster way?

Thanks,
    Orangeman
    Bouncy Bouncy

Have you exported your bookmarks from ie yet?
    Is there an import option on nutscrape that you can use?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

This may help: http://help.netscape.com/kb/consumer/19980914-23.html

Quote Originally Posted by Orangeman
    Hey Gang,

I am trying to import my favorite places from IE 6.0 into Netscape 7.1. Does anyone know how to do it?

I have quite a few (701 to be exact). Importing each one individually might take awhile. Is there a faster way?

Thanks,
    Orangeman

Nutscrape???

From Netscape help:
    About Your IE Favorites

Your IE Favorites are imported automatically. To access them, open the Bookmarks menu and choose Imported IE Favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    Nutscrape???

From Netscape help:
    About Your IE Favorites

Your IE Favorites are imported automatically. To access them, open the Bookmarks menu and choose Imported IE Favorites.
    Well, the problem seems to be that they new ones aren't coming through. See the problem is this. I want to start using Netscape as my default browser because its faster than IE. However AOL (my ISP) is not compatible with Netscape. But what I did was the first step, and get my AOL favorite places transferred to IE 6.0 using Trueswitch. Now I just have to get them to Netscape.

IF I open the IE imported favorites, none of my new bookmarks comes through. They're in IE, but NOT netscape.

Here is a screenshot of what's I"m trying to do. You see me clicking a folder called My AOL Favorites. A small little blue tag comes out of the right hand side. It seems to want to come up but to no avail.

Last edited by Orangeman; October 22nd, 2003 at 08:48 AM.
    Bouncy Bouncy

There are utilitites out there that sync the bookmarks and favorites automaticly, try searching download.com or such sites

but you can manualy export your favorites in IE by using the import/export wizard found in the file menu and then import them in netscape by opening the bookmark manager (bookmarks>manage) and choosing import from the tools menu
    May the Schwartz be with you
    Too many zeros, not enough ones.