Plus! for WinXP?

Thread: Plus! for WinXP?

Question Plus! for WinXP?

Has anyone tried the Plus! pack for Windows XP recently?

After upgrading to WinXP Pro, the thing I really miss now is setting themes for the desktop (like Plus! 98). I'm not sure if I want to go with Object Desktop (pricey + learning curve) or stick with a Microsoft product for compatability.

A friend at work said she had nothing but trouble after installing Plus!, but she has several other people using the same machine and causing multiple problems. She likes Object Desktop, but is using the "free" version and doing her best to ignore the nag screens.

So I open it to the trusted opinions of the forum dewllers and lurkers; what experiences have any of you had, and what alternative theming program(s) would you recommend (if not Plus!)?
    When all else fails.....FDISK!

There are plenty of themes built into XP zero.
    Which ones do you miss?
    Have you checked the plus pack?
    What there interests you.
    If something does, then go for it.

I have used Plus! for XP since day one......ZERO issues.
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Quote Originally Posted by DocPC
    I have used Plus! for XP since day one......ZERO issues.
    Dont forget to load the update pack.
    The lunatics are running the Country

Thumbs up

I have plus loaded on five xp computers and ----no problems!!!
    HP Laptop 6830s with 4 Gbs ram and a 250gb HDD I run Vista business 64bit. But I have some old computers too.

As always, lots of quick, direct answers!

To TripleRLtd: Currently I like using the old "Mystery" theme for Halloween. Unless I'm missing something, WinXP Pro only offers "Windows Classic" and "Windows XP" (aka "Luna") under Themes. I already have an updated version of the aquarium screensaver, but just the ability to apply themes like the Win9x plus packs would be, well,......a plus.

To DocPC, constructor & Sandwich: Thanks for the confidence-builders, I'll look into getting a copy of the plus pack (maybe I can get a deal from one of the grey-market tables when a trade show blows through town).

Once again, thanks all for clarifying the decision.
    When all else fails.....FDISK!

Quote Originally Posted by constructor
    Dont forget to load the update pack.

Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

I have had no issues with Plus!, but I don't think it is a worthy purchase ether, and don't recomend buying it.

Most of the software is M$ or third party demos and they asks to pay more money to get the full version. I bought it mostly for the fish screen saver, but it is a demo as well, to get more than three fish on the screen you need to pay more money.

This is what I call M$ "shovelware" I good way to make money for M$, but only having to distribute demos.

Now the Plus! Digital Media is a good purchase, lots of useful programs and ways of using Digital Media. The programs are all full versions and feature rich.