IE explorer favorites

Thread: IE explorer favorites

IE explorer favorites

Does anybody know were IE explorer favorites are stored and is it possible to same them and transfer they to a different machine and store the fravorites in that computor and have them work in the new computor.

Quote Originally Posted by kal
    Does anybody know were IE explorer favorites are stored and is it possible to same them and transfer they to a different machine and store the fravorites in that computor and have them work in the new computor.
    You can do that in IE under the file menu, import-export then follow directions.

Quote Originally Posted by asm481
    You can do that in IE under the file menu, import-export then follow directions.
    ok you can import and export them but where are they stored whats the file name.when you click on import export in IE it list a file name C:\my documents \bookmark.htm there not their or IE doesn't know how to find the file.

Having never really looked at ME extensively, it's in one of three places:
    (you may need to unhide hidden files first)

c:\windows\favorites
    c:\windows\profiles\%username%\favorites
    c:\documents and settings\%username%\favorites

oh, and try a search, you can search in hidden and system files from the advanced search options
    May the Schwartz be with you
    Too many zeros, not enough ones.

In WinME right click on the start button and go to Explorer and click and a new window will pop up which should be (highlighted that is) the C:\Windows\StartUp folder.
    Scroll up a little on the left side and you will see the folder called Favorites.
    The exact locatation is C:\windows\favorites.
    When there click on Edit on the menu bar and choose Select All, then copy to floppy or whatever.
    Now, in order to transfer/copy them to another pc we need to know the OS, since 2k/xp will have different locations.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    In WinME right click on the start button and go to Explorer and click and a new window will pop up which should be (highlighted that is) the C:\Windows\StartUp folder.
    Scroll up a little on the left side and you will see the folder called Favorites.
    When there click on Edit on the menu bar and choose Select All, then copy to floppy or whatever.
    Now, in order to transfer/copy them to another pc we need to know the OS, since 2k/xp will have different locations
    ok well i was going to transfer them to 2k but might eventually try XP thinking about retiring one of my 98 machimes too.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    Now, in order to transfer/copy them to another pc we need to know the OS, since 2k/xp will have different locations.
    anyway forgot to say thanks for indentifing were favorites are stored thanks got them saved. and can some one close this thread

Threads are only closed when they are no longer serve a useful purpose or have people posting flames and insults.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

:butt:
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Quote Originally Posted by DocPC
    :butt:

Hey Doc, I found that one for the crybaby you were looking for:

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know

Good find!
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know

Are those orange tears?
    Nah, I must be hallucinating.

You guys.....
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."