WinDrivers Chat
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WinDrivers Chat

WinDrivers Chat

Seems the powers that be took down WinDrivers chat.
    Since I had never been there before, I decided to log in to a temporary one so generously provided by Matridom.
    A very welcoming place indeed and I learned about how they help folks who never enter the forum becuase the forum may be a bit much for folks.
    Also, there is instant support by knowedgeable techs: some very familiar to us and some not so familiar.
    It is almost like a subculture of WD members.
    And, their aim as in the forum is to help others with computer problems.
    Hence my question:
    As this has always been the purpose and intent of WinDrivers, why has the chatroom been taken down????
    Why do the good members of WinDrivers need to go to such an extreme to help users who want/need/or prefer chat???/
    I am disappointed at the actions of management.
    Truly disappointed.
    Last edited by NooNoo; October 31st, 2003 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    Seems the powers that be took down WinDrivers chat.
    Since I had never been there before, I decided to log in to a temporary one so generously provided by Matridom.
    A very welcoming place indeed and I learned about how they help folks who never enter the forum becuase the forum may be a bit much for folks.
    Also, there is instant support by knowedgeable techs: some very familiar to us and some not so familiar.
    It is almost like a subculture of WD members.
    And, their aim as in the forum is to help others with computer problems.
    Hence my question:
    As this has always been the purpose and intent of WinDrivers, why has the chatroom been taken down????
    Why do the good members of WinDrivers need to go to such an extreme to help users who want/need/or prefer chat???/
    I am disappointed at the actions of management.
    Truly disappointed.
    Just want to say thanks for the opinion TripleRLTD its much appreciated
    and so true
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Oh gaud! I just had a dreadfull thought...what if they disband the forum! Oh know, I might actually get work done around here!!! How will I ever survive!

I feel faint!...

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    Oh gaud! I just had a dreadfull thought...what if they disband the forum! Oh know, I might actually get work done around here!!! How will I ever survive!

I feel faint!...
    Shhhh.. someone might hear... and then I'll have to work too! And that would be YOUR FAULT!!!
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

Let's not hi-jack this thread please.......
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Mine was a legitimate concern...

The chat serves a very useful community service that extends worldwide. People can get their question answered in real time by live techs and share from the different specialities of each of the operators and regulars. Its not just a meeting place to hang out and talk about the latest game invented, if it was we wouldn't be worried and carry on. But its for the guests that each of us log in to the chatroom and help out. We assist people from many different countries and sometimes spend hours and hours and hours going through issues that a guest may have. We don't ask for anything in return..oh a thanks would be nice but they are few and far between. We gain our satisfaction by sending a guest off on his merry way with his problem solved and questions answered in the step by step way we support them.

Don't take this away from us. its that simple and thats what it boils down to
    Without the links from windrivers main page we will not get the guests to help............

Its easy for large corporations to cut off these sort of things like the free services in exchange for boosting more profit making angles....
    Its true capitalism
    but this isn't about money this is about people and honestly windrivers.com does get bonus credits for having the free chat and forums service, this shows people that the site they are visiting does care and is not just in this all to make cash....

Don't wipe the chat and sweep it out.....Please

and Mat and Kedrin the hugest hugs for allowing us homeless techs a warm dry place to hang our heads and await our fate...Thanks guys you are really the bestest....

http://www.kedrin-milborn.com

IRc
    server kedrin-milborn.dnsalias.net
    Port 6667
    group Dalnet
    Last edited by Mayet; October 31st, 2003 at 08:50 PM.
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Visited the chat again and members there are wondering if the forum is next.
    This is real people: time to make a stand!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayet
    The chat serves a very useful community service that extends worldwide. People can get their question answered in real time by live techs and share from the different specialities of each of the operators and regulars. Its not just a meeting place to hang out and talk about the latest game invented, if it was we wouldn't be worried and carry on. But its for the guests that each of us log in to the chatroom and help out. We assist people from many different countries and sometimes spend hours and hours and hours going through issues that a guest may have. We don't ask for anything in return..oh a thanks would be nice but they are few and far between. We gain our satisfaction by sending a guest off on his merry way with his problem solved and questions answered in the step by step way we support them.

Don't take this away from us. its that simple and thats what it boils down to
    Without the links from windrivers main page we will not get the guests to help............

Its easy for large corporations to cut off these sort of things like the free services in exchange for boosting more profit making angles....
    Its true capitalism
    but this isn't about money this is about people and honestly windrivers.com does get bonus credits for having the free chat and forums service, this shows people that the site they are visiting does care and is not just in this all to make cash....

Don't wipe the chat and sweep it out.....Please
    Here here Mayet, and it was good meeting you.

I agree with Triple on this one... I RARELY post in the forums but seek my knowledge from the LIVE people behind the keyboards in REAL TIME... and that can awnser a quick question really quick... KEEP the CHAT... you need it I need it we allll need it...

Plus what mayet said...

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    Visited the chat again and members there are wondering if the forum is next.
    This is real people: time to make a stand!!!
    I don't think the forums will be next.

Chat was a great service that we all helped with, and every so often, the "Thanks!!!" that we get from the guests makes it all worth while.

I've written my e-mail to customer service describing my dis-satisfaction with what was done.

Hopefully enough will write that they will re-instat the chat, if not, my signature has a link to where the great people of chat can currently be found.
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

I don't know the details of the reason for the decision but what I can say is that as someone who has limited knowledge with computers but endless interest and a hunger to learn, Windrivers, I mean the people in Windrivers have been an invaluable help to me.

Never before have I been in a chatroom where you are welcomed so readily and helped so enthusiastically. I came in once a year ago and have been back almost everyday since and I have learnt something new every day, imagine how much I would have to pay out to learn all this elsewhere

So to the 'suits' at the top I say forshame!!! for what seems to be a narrow minded and pointless decision!!

Also a huge thanks to Kedrin and Matridom for setting up Technical Chat

I was starting to get concerned I would have nowhere to ask my stupid questions

Many thanks to Kedrin and Matridom for the use of the joined servers. We can continue to serve as we used to thanks to these gentleman.......That's if the "suits" at WD fail to see the total worth of the live chat.......
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    So what does Mr. Hermanson have to say about this? Or is he staying out of it due to obvious reasons?
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-