Hi,

I am trying to fix an old toshiba tecra 8000 laptop for my friend. The problem is that it works fine, but there is no sound. The sound is enabled in windows and it is enabled in the bios. So, now I am trying to replace the whole bios altogether, to see if that changes anything. Supposedly the bios is already at the highest version number, but I would like to give it a shot any ways. Also, every time I replace the sound card driver in Windows it says that the driver is enabled and working properly, but there is still no sound. I have not taken the laptop apart yet, but I am assuming since the driver is installed for it, that the sound card exists. If I fix this problem I am good to go.

Also, I have been to toshiba's website and downloaded their bios driver, but it seems that I cannot boot off of it. Usually the computer is able to boot off of a bios update, but this bios is not bootable, and I have tried holding down the F12 key, but still no luck. This computer is able to however boot off of a boot disk perfectly, but not off of this bios 9.30 version.

Can any one out there help me solve my sound problem. Please don't respond with stuff like may be your sound is on mute all. I wish it was that easy.

Thanks for your help,

Val