Asus P4S533-MX

Thread: Asus P4S533-MX

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Asus P4S533-MX

Ok, the bios shows the available memory speeds are 266/333/and 400 but the box says it only supports PC2700, anyone know if this board will do DDR 400?
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

The last one I put together a few months ago only supported upto 2700 memory and the bios also gave the option up to DDR 400. Perhaps an O.C. option?
    Last edited by Silverman; November 11th, 2003 at 11:11 PM.
    Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious.
    Peter Ustinov

Maybe it's a newer revision with the same packaging? Check up any BIOS updates to see if it's had any "tinkering" done to see if it will support the 400mhz ram. Depends on the chipset I guess.
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garak
    Maybe it's a newer revision with the same packaging? Check up any BIOS updates to see if it's had any "tinkering" done to see if it will support the 400mhz ram. Depends on the chipset I guess.
    Nope, the bios doesnt show any updates adding this.
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-