Gigabyte GA7VA-C and usb problem

Thread: Gigabyte GA7VA-C and usb problem

Gigabyte GA7VA-C and usb problem

I have a problemwith a GA7VA-C Motherboard, it has a 2500 Barton and 2 x 256 Samsung PC 3200 DDR'S, ti is running ok exept when you shut down the usb ports stay powered, i.e. if you plug a usb light into a usb socket it will stay on...anybody got any idea's? everyother pc the light goes off.

Quote Originally Posted by TRICKPLAYER
    everyother pc the light goes off.

I have about seven of them in the shop that continue to supply +5 volts to the usb sockets when shut down...and have never considered it unusual since atx boards do this anyway
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

My DFI P4 board also did this and when I asked a DFI rep about it he told me it was normal. This allows users with USB keyboards and mouses (mice) to use the power on by keyboard/mouse option. Made sense to me as no power to keyboard or mouse via USB means no power on by keyboard/mouse function.
    Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious.
    Peter Ustinov

Check the board jumpers for allowing Power on by keyboard / mouse. Maybe theres a default option in the BIOS that keeps them powered if there isn't a jumper. Always worth a look.
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.

OK, thanks all, it is on my friends pc, he has a usb mouse plugged into a usb adapter, so when I done some work on it I enabled the usb mouse in the bios, which I suspect is the answer, once again thanks.

Angry power stays on mate

well so did mine all i did was turn switch off at the back of my tower and guess wot it turns off the usb ports well i hope this was some help

Quote Originally Posted by [uk]delboy
    well so did mine all i did was turn switch off at the back of my tower and guess wot it turns off the usb ports well i hope this was some help
    Well, that's because no power is getting to the mainboard anymore!
    You flipped the switch.
    As Geoscomp states, the ATX form factor contiunes to supply a minimum amount of "power" to the board even when turned off.
    This is why they tell you to unplug the PC when intalling/removing cards or ram.

Well I can only add I have a ASUS P4T533 and a ECS K7VMM+ in my 2 systems here and they do not supply power to the usb ports when they shut down, I did enable usb mouse support in the bios of my mates PC with the GA7VAC Mobo, but I hav'nt been back to see if switching that off will resolve that.