microphone question

Thread: microphone question

Question microphone question

My wife wants me to buy her a microphone so she can sing along with her cd's while she plays on her pc. (Karayoke I guess you would say)

question is, since I've never used or had use for a michrophone before, what kind of microphone do I need and more importantly with the microphone plugged into the sound card will it disconnect the sound on the cd. And will a Microphone even broadcast through the speakers. New frontier for me.

I thought a headphone with boom mike might be best. The kind people use for internet phone chat, but again I need to know if you can play and hear cd's while this headphone/mic is plugged in. So before I buy I need this info.

Remember boys this little saying, "Happy Wife, Happy Husband " so help me out guys and dolls as I know you will.
    "Everybody needs a little help sometimes"

Quote Originally Posted by eboyjones
    My wife wants me to buy her a microphone so she can sing along with her cd's while she plays on her pc. (Karayoke I guess you would say)

question is, since I've never used or had use for a michrophone before, what kind of microphone do I need and more importantly with the microphone plugged into the sound card will it disconnect the sound on the cd. And will a Microphone even broadcast through the speakers. New frontier for me.

I thought a headphone with boom mike might be best. The kind people use for internet phone chat, but again I need to know if you can play and hear cd's while this headphone/mic is plugged in. So before I buy I need this info.

Remember boys this little saying, "Happy Wife, Happy Husband " so help me out guys and dolls as I know you will.
    Check in to chat Eboy.

I did and got immediate help. cheers to the chat room!
    "Everybody needs a little help sometimes"