Help With Dsl And Router

Thread: Help With Dsl And Router

Lightbulb Help With Dsl And Router

I got DSL service through Sprint with there free DSL Modem and I got a DSL/Cable Router and I need to know what to do to get my Coputers set up to work. MY wifes machine is WIndows XP PRo and my other Machine is Red HAt 9.0 if anyone could help me with some advice with getting my wifes computer working with the Router. I can get everything else working (hopefully) so PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Down with the Enemies of Reasoning

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Hook the phone line into the dsl modem, then hook the cat5 from the dsl modem to the "Internet" port of the router then a cat 5 cable to each of the machines that need internet.

Once there, open a browser and type the ip address of the router something like 192.168.2.1 (your manual will tell you the ip for your model) then enter the default username and password provided in the manual Usually something like admin for user and either a blank pass or admin for pass as well.

Once in the router set it to ppoe and enter your dsl info such as username and password and if you have a static IP or if you need to enter dns info etc.

Once done, you might be ahead to reboot your router.

Then just run the network connection wizard for the winXP machine and configure eth0 on the redhat machine. Lemme know if any of this was too vague or you need anything else
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

What's a "Coputer" ????????/
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

From gaseous clouds forming around Uranus
    Quote Originally Posted by ice18wall
    I got DSL service through Sprint with there free DSL Modem and I got a DSL/Cable Router and I need to know what to do to get my Coputers set up to work. MY wifes machine is WIndows XP PRo and my other Machine is Red HAt 9.0 if anyone could help me with some advice with getting my wifes computer working with the Router. I can get everything else working (hopefully) so PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Down with the Enemies of Reasoning
    I don't know if you're going to need the DSL modem you got from sprint if you have a DSL/Cable Router. What make/model DSL/Cable Router do you have?
    "Oh my beloved Ice Cream Bar, how I love to lick your creamy center" - Ren