eBay Sale

Thread: eBay Sale

Question eBay Sale

I have a laptop for sale on eBay and I have gotten a request from Jakarta,Indonesia to sell it "off line" to him.He wants to know if I have a merchant account so he can use his credit card.I've had 2 emails from him , and they appear to be from different people using the same address.I'm sure it is some kind of scam , but I'm curious if anyone knows what the game is other than a false idenity or stolen card ?? Is it even legal to export the laptop to Indonesia ??

Quote Originally Posted by Rkring1
    I have a laptop for sale on eBay and I have gotten a request from Jakarta,Indonesia to sell it "off line" to him.He wants to know if I have a merchant account so he can use his credit card.I've had 2 emails from him , and they appear to be from different people using the same address.I'm sure it is some kind of scam , but I'm curious if anyone knows what the game is other than a false idenity or stolen card ?? Is it even legal to export the laptop to Indonesia ??
    you can export to anyone anywhere as long as you can get it to them. BUTTTTTTT....
    anybody that wants you to sell to them "off line" is a dead give away that you aint gonna get paid, especially overseas. There has been many articles about scam artists wanting to sell something to you off line, but it can be both ways, whether you are a buyer or a seller. And what are you gonna do if they use a stolen credit card. You can report them to Ebay, they have their own investigation dept.

People have to realize it doesn't cost the buyer anything to buy your product from Ebay, only the seller pays.
    "Everybody needs a little help sometimes"

Run away as fast as you can. Do not pass go, do not collect £200 in funny money!

The following page isn't exactly whats happening with you but you get the picture!

Here

Just type jakarta ebay scam into google and read away!
    Last edited by gazzak; November 24th, 2003 at 04:00 AM.
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gazzak
    Run away as fast as you can. Do not pass go, do not collect £200 in funny money!

The following page isn't exactly whats happening with you but you get the picture!

Here

Just type jakarta ebay scam into google and read away!

Thanks guys , I realised it was a scam but was curious to see how it worked , never thought of using Google....duh .I'm going to do some checking on similar auctions and let eBay know if there are any , however I don't have much confidence in them .

There are a number of sellers that boldly state, if you are in Indonesia your bid will be cancelled.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks Noo , had never noticed that before......a friend of mine used to operate a bar and had a sign posted that said " Why are there always more horses a$$es than there are horses ? " Can't help but think that is getting more and more appropriate.

Ebay's starting to lose it's shine IMO. It's more of a hassle dealing with the prospect of scammers or just plain bad sellers/buyers than it's worth. I might just use the local classifieds next time.

I sold a phone just last week. I shipped it via priority mail with delivery confirmation exacly as the seller requested. I then sent him the delivery confirmation code. The very next day he starts accusing me of falsifying the code becaues he couldn't track the package. Well, delivery confirmation information is available only after delivery. It's not intended for tracking. So, I told him to suck my balls and asked him if he knew how to f'ing read (I don't like being called a liar) which shut him up until the phone arrived 2 days later. He appologized but I still have that bad taste in my mouth from the whole deal.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Quote Originally Posted by silencio
    Ebay's starting to lose it's shine IMO. It's more of a hassle dealing with the prospect of scammers or just plain bad sellers/buyers than it's worth. I might just use the local classifieds next time.

I sold a phone just last week. I shipped it via priority mail with delivery confirmation exacly as the seller requested. I then sent him the delivery confirmation code. The very next day he starts accusing me of falsifying the code becaues he couldn't track the package. Well, delivery confirmation information is available only after delivery. It's not intended for tracking. So, I told him to suck my balls and asked him if he knew how to f'ing read (I don't like being called a liar) which shut him up until the phone arrived 2 days later. He appologized but I still have that bad taste in my mouth from the whole deal.

FYI.....the $hitty taste is cheap booze the day after......

That is all.
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Quote Originally Posted by DocPC
    FYI.....the $hitty taste is cheap booze the day after......

That is all.
    Cheap? MadDog 20/20 is a fiiiiiine wine son!

Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Quote Originally Posted by silencio
    Cheap? MadDog 20/20 is a fiiiiiine wine son!

Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!