Win XP - Winamp volume..

Thread: Win XP - Winamp volume..

Win XP - Winamp volume..

Just encountered a strange problem. Each time i load an mp3 the wave volume sets to zero. i adjust it in the volume properties and listen. I load another file and the sound zero's again but the volume properties show no change but when i click on the wave slider the sound returns. Strange. Any thoughts??

amd xp2500 (not overclocked, yet)
    msii kt4v
    1024mb ram
    440mx 8xagp
    oodles of hdd's
    win xp pro sp1 up to date

thanks
    Tom

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tommo666
    Just encountered a strange problem. Each time i load an mp3 the wave volume sets to zero. i adjust it in the volume properties and listen. I load another file and the sound zero's again but the volume properties show no change but when i click on the wave slider the sound returns. Strange. Any thoughts??

amd xp2500 (not overclocked, yet)
    msii kt4v
    1024mb ram
    440mx 8xagp
    oodles of hdd's
    win xp pro sp1 up to date

thanks
    Tom
    It seems to me that board has a realtek sound chipset.. There should be an updated software package for that sound card. It should fix you up..

Those who live by the sword.... Get shot by those who don't...

Quote Originally Posted by Escape_Driver
    It seems to me that board has a realtek sound chipset.. There should be an updated software package for that sound card. It should fix you up..

Those who live by the sword.... Get shot by those who don't...

oops, forgot the sound card in the spec - SBlive 1024 player with latest drivers

sorry

Tommo

Just winamp does this ? or other 'stuff' & when you say 'latest drivers' for your sblive ... would that be the 'latest' from creative or from windoze update ?

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    Just winamp does this ? or other 'stuff' & when you say 'latest drivers' for your sblive ... would that be the 'latest' from creative or from windoze update ?
    yes, no,and yes :-)

just winamp, media prayer and power dvd are fine. The drivers come from creative. But now you mention it, it seems to have appeared after the last win update. I re-inst winamp and changed to ver 3 then back to 2.76.

Just an irritation really. I'll check if a system restore works.

Tommo

As its an 'irritation', an FYI for you then ... & as I am confus-ed by just what 'yes' means in answer to creative or windowsupdate drivers !

If you look at the drivers for sb live on windows update & then you look at the drivers at creative, you'll find there's a difference ! The windows one intoduces a lot of the 'support' services (all those stupid control panel extensions & such), I've been confus-ed by this myself previously ... A 'creative' rant

If you do have devldr or its variant devldr32 'floating about' in task manager, my guess is that's your issue ...

Sorry if this is late,

these threads over at the Winamp forums may be of help:
    http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=154677
    http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=32675
    http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=73354

Most likely it is just a matter of selecting Directsound output in the output plugin section of the Winamp preferences
    May the Schwartz be with you
    Too many zeros, not enough ones.