Radeon CPU Spikes!

Thread: Radeon CPU Spikes!

Angry Radeon CPU Spikes!

Ok guys,,,

If i install any driver other that the microsoft driver for my radeon 9700 I get huge cpu spikes when I do anything. This is most visible when I got to scroll on a web page.

I have turned of acceleration and this corrected the problem. I have uninstalled all drivers and reinstall catalyst 3.7 3.8 and 3.9 all give me the same issue.

I am out of ideas.

running on an Nforce2 mobo... PS my neighbor has almost he same config (differn IDE drives ony) and doesnt have any issues.

thanks

*EDIT*
    The CPU usage is still sky high with video acceleration turned off but it doesnt manifest itself in anyway ( i can only tell because task manager is running)
    Last edited by xschmittyx; November 25th, 2003 at 11:56 AM.
    "The course of this conflict is not known, yet its outcome is certain. Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty, have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them." President George W. Bush

Well if you run the ATI Control panel that can use up alot of CPU
    Just Load the driver it's the first download under low speed at this link :

http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/w...x=8&submit.y=6

I think it was just a corrupted driver.. I went in to safe mode and laid waste to the drivers, reinstalled a freshly DL one.. working ok
    "The course of this conflict is not known, yet its outcome is certain. Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty, have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them." President George W. Bush