Strange Explorer Error in WinXP Pro

Thread: Strange Explorer Error in WinXP Pro

Question Strange Explorer Error in WinXP Pro

I have recently started getting an error in Explorer.exe with this information when trying to work with some files:

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2800.1221 ModName: shell32.dll
    ModVer: 6.0.2800.1233 Offset: 0006e6fe

This happens when I try to Delete, Right-click, or Move the file -- basically do anything with it other than look at it. It only happens with some few files, but they are all different types, formats, etc. They are all located on a network drive -- could this be a problem? I can left-click and drag it to my local hard drive and once it is there I can do anything with it and no error.

Any suggestions? The network drive in question is located on a Linux server via Samba.

I had the same problem with a client's OSX. If I remember, it had to do something with the permissions. I am going home, SEE YA
    "Computer, compute to the last digit the value of pi" -- Spock (Wolf in the Fold)

"The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank." -- Lt. Cdr. Montgomery Scott ("A Taste of Armageddon")

"Please, Spock, do me a favor ... 'n' don't say it's `fascinating'..." -- Dr. McCoy
    "No... but it is... interesting..." -- Spock (The Ultimate Computer)