Wireless network range

Thread: Wireless network range

Hybrid View

Wireless network range

What is the range (how far they can be apart) of wireless network cards/routers?

Thanks

They say up to 1000 feet but that's open field and at 1mb. on an average in house install your looking at MAYBE 100-150 feet. If you get a linksys ap ap/router you can get their signal booster (but at that price you might just as well get another ap and place it on the other side of the house/building).
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

The only sure way is to try one !

It really does depend on just what's inbetween, its very rare for me to get more than 50ft out of most (then again most British houses are stone or brick built, which impacts 'muchly') ... I have had well over 300ft (from my loft to my garage - yet downstairs in my 'old' house it won't always get from one room to another)

Halogen lights muck mine up - don't think hubby will like me suggesting we change the lounge lighting just 'cos the signal is a bit poor....
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    I get 300-400ft with mine
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

any advise on going 3.8 KM ??? Thats what I need