Hey guys/girls, I am fairly new to linux, but I am really trying to give it a chance. I have attempted to try several different versions( Lycoris, Red Hat and now Knoppix) out of the three, i prefer knoppix. I tried running it from the CD and liked it better than redhat from a user standpoint, so i decided to install it on my hard drive. I noticed that the install wasnt as automatic as the redhat install, but with the help of google and another PC, i was able to get it running and modified boot.ini so i could dual boot with XP.(I have them on separate hard drives) I am not ready to give up windows, due to the fact that know very little about linux. Anyway, on to my problem. Knoppix detects my MS WIreless Intellimouse explorer and works just fine, however i cant figure out how to set it so that buttons 4 and 5 are set to go foreward and back in the browser. for this reason, i often get frustrated and reboot to windows. I have become very reliant on my back/forward buttons..browsing without them just sucks. I was just wondering if there is a way this can be done? The system recognizes the buttons, but they perform different tasks.

also, can anyone point me to a good reference source for linux newbies? I really dont know very many of the commands, and i noticed that even with the nice gui, you still need to know how to do everything by the command line, because installing software is a ridiculous task.