Administrative Abuse in Chat - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Administrative Abuse in Chat

One thing to say

Thank you Scott
    Since this chat is now over I can go back to actually helping people without idiotic interference
    Oh and any questions TriplerLTD?
    Last edited by Ferrit; December 22nd, 2003 at 10:49 PM.
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    Well, a few more tards and we'll have the entire gang to deal with.

Hi tripler, you are a sycophant, an especially annoying one at that, and that just doesn't mesh with people in chat. The chat regulars aren't stupid and we can view your actions in real time, a benefit that no-one in the forums can really claim. You've earned whatever you've suffered in the chat. I remember predicting you would be klined shortly after you first started visiting the chat and it seems my record is in no risk of being marred.

For anyone that might be getting the wrong idea about the chat from the parade of two of its poorer visitors, don't let these two bias you against it before you give it a chance. If you can surpass the maturity of a month old puppy (basically, not messing the rug and chewing the drapes) you'll get along fine.
    Actually, real time is what revealls you as a punk.
    That is what got me banned.
    And, the forum regulars can view YOUR actions in almost real time and can make a true judgement call, ey!!
    And what does kilned mean?
    Something to do with Kedrin?
    I think Scott may finally be getting the idea
    And we may ALL be seeing why Internet.com killed chat to begin with.
    The only problem now is the fact that the new chat is the same as the old chat without IRC, and THAT I can attest is a GOOD thing.

Read the logs and i remember them. Seems to me even one of your friends in there was calling you an idiot. Only thing i see wrong is that Seedyrom told you to shut the **** up didn’t bother of posting the four times he told you politely to shut up before that. Posting half truths is not truth at all. Some of these conversations are pages and pages long spanning hours. As far as the guests being disconnected by Mayet it was before I hosted and is after if your found idle for more than one hour, your post being an example “Killed (Mayet ( 14(Idle: 1hr 3mins 6secs No Idle Zone )(Idle Kill #8 ))) )” You will be disconnected. Nice post Driverguy thanks

In reality, why would you care since you dislike it so much, just move on from the chat room...help or ask questions in the forums as you see fit or as long as you enjoy it otherwise it's a mute point.

Quote Originally Posted by WinDrivers
    I have to side with the mods on ALL accounts especially when NooNoo handles a situation. If your getting bumped out of chat and by your own admission possibly three times from each mod....uhhhh.....call me silly but you've got it coming. Also, someone who has snakeking as a mod...come on...there's another strike by association, anothe guy who got kicked out and deleted and that one was by me.
    Thanx for the support there Scott, it's greatly appreciated.
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

I care because it effects the people who come here for help.
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    And, the forum regulars can view YOUR actions in almost real time and can make a true judgement call, ey!!
    The only problem now is the fact that the new chat is the same as the old chat without IRC, and THAT I can attest is a GOOD thing.
    No, after reviewing the logs you were dumped as insisting on +v after helping a guest. That does not fly.

Scott has the idea.....read it again.

And I had high hopes for you......

My bad.
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

If you had high hopes for me then I never saw any indication.
    Daniel

excuse me, I'm getting rather tired. coffee...
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    I view myself as a smartass, not a punk. I help more than hurt in the chat and I tend to stick around as I specialize more in the gaming and enthusiast aspects of computing. Oh yeah, after several years in the chat, I view several of them as friends, even the dirty Canadians.

I am more than willing for any forums regular to join the chat and have fun. We'll probably gain a few fellow addicts in the process.

Klined - a kline is a condition that a moderator of a chat can set on you that prevents you from joining the server, unlike a ban which keeps you from joining a channel. Yes, Kedrin can kline you.

As I understand it, internet.com's reasons killing the chatserver stem from a security breach. I do not know the exact details as I am not privy to that level of information about the technical side of things.

Uhm, I won't speak for Driverguy, but I'd wager he'll fall in with the moderators he has known for years rather than you.

Your statements on the current status of the chat is mildly confusing. The new chat as hosted by Kedrin and Matridom is different only in location of the server really.
    Last edited by jaeger; December 22nd, 2003 at 11:02 PM.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

Daniel, you're an asshat. Deal.

Btw, tiny little point of reference. As the chat is now hosted on servers belonging to Matridom and Kedrin, they and anyone promoted by them are allowed to do anything they want.

Hey, you wanna play? Fine, I'm sure you can piss off enough of the WDchat regulars to motivate us to dig through our logs to expose your cranial vacuum.
    So they're only different in location eh?
    Daniel

Im gonna change the subject a little. I would like to thank you Driverguy for all the support and allowing Me and Matridom to host this wonderfull chat for you.

Also, I was banned before anyone could have read the logs I had posted. This seems unfair to me.

Then there is the fact that I provided the complete logs, and still you say they are altered?
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger

Your statements on the current status of the chat is mildly confusing. The new chat as hosted by Kedrin and Matridom is different only in location of the server really.
    ]
    Perhaps that is part of the continuing problem?
    Anyway, I never had a problem with chat, until I actually checked in.
    And saw the way things worked....in real time.
    ID"s morphing, playing, nothing serious.
    Knocking people off and only letting them back on after you've finished playing with them.
    A whole clique of chat people who frown on anyone infringing on their turf.
    Or, their expertise.
    Sorry Doc if I let you down.
    But after seeing all that....

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_C
    If you had high hopes for me then I never saw any indication.
    Not you idiot.........
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!