Desktop Refresh from Command Line?

Thread: Desktop Refresh from Command Line?

Lightbulb Desktop Refresh from Command Line?

Does anyone know of a way to refresh the desktop in WindowsXP that I could somehow use during boot?

Shutting down explorer.exe could do it, but the process would have to be automated (no user intervention).

The standard EXPLORER.EXE [/n] [/e] [(,)root,<object>] options returned from TechNet doesn't cover this...
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

What needs to be updated?
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

The desktop default wallpaper (just a standard blue color, actually) gets mangled during the loading of different apps.

Refreshing the desktop (F5) solves the glitch, so I'm looking for a way to make that automated.

Any ideas?
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

If you're using VB, maybe this will help
    link using vb commands

and this too for VB
    link using registry commands

Or delphi maybe this
    link
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

feel free to ignore if you've already tried this, but have you check to see if you have the latest display driver? Have you tried sliding back the video performance under display settings? scaling back on color depth? if you haven't already, you might want to find a better solution for the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tk421
    feel free to ignore if you've already tried this, but have you check to see if you have the latest display driver? Have you tried sliding back the video performance under display settings? scaling back on color depth? if you haven't already, you might want to find a better solution for the problem.

Drivers are latest issue, but I hadn't tried tweaking the settings yet.

As fot the programming links, gazzak, I'll check them out when I'm back in the office. Thanks.