Some assitance required.

Thread: Some assitance required.

Some assitance required.

I've been trying to find information on a known issue, but can't seem to find it anywhere.

There is a known issue with the SIS gigabite ethernet adapters on various Asus motherboards. The problem is that when using the default XP drivers for the ethernet, the SAME mac adress get's used on ALL boards. Loading of the drivers from the CDrom or downloading updated drivers will revert the MAC to the hard coded one.

I need to know the common mac address, and if possible what boards are affected by this issue.
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I've succesfully used smac_1.1.exe to get back the original MAC on NICs at a client site about a month ago. BIOS flash had reset their MACs to zeroes...

Just Google it and give it a try if the above doesn't resolve it.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

got a school division that is having a similar problem with via chipset boars with obnoard lan. load up the drivers from the mbd cd, poof, good bye MAC address.

Still trying to find a resolution other than replacing the baords with something else or giving a PCI NIC for the systems (around 200 or so)

stupid pieces of crap all have the same damn mac hard coded!

Why O why do the owners insist on selling ECS.....