How to open BIN files
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How to open BIN files

Question How to open BIN files

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkRed]

Greetings. I have a video BIN file that won't open using Win Media Player, DirX Media Player or Real One Media player. Does anyone have any experience with this? I appreciate all help. It contains a movie that I would like to watch. Thanks all!

I think this has to be burned to cd first, it's an image file. In nero just select file-burn image and select your *.inf file.

A search on google reveals a host of answers for you by searching for
    "what do i do with a bin image"
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

It's either compressed or an image file....

If it's compressed, the extension looks like one for a mac (or the program called stuffit expander which is usually found on a mac). I believe you can download the program for PC - or maybe there is another program that will unzip it. I used to play with these types of files all the time on a mac....and if it's a video, it kinda makes sense.
    Do you smell something burning?....

Opening a BIN File as a video

Quote Originally Posted by sLIVER
    It's either compressed or an image file....

If it's compressed, the extension looks like one for a mac (or the program called stuffit expander which is usually found on a mac). I believe you can download the program for PC - or maybe there is another program that will unzip it. I used to play with these types of files all the time on a mac....and if it's a video, it kinda makes sense.

Thank you for taking time to reply to my question.

The video I am trying to play is identified by WinXP Home as a 771,794KB BIN file, additionally there is a 1 KB CUE file and two small MS Info Document files.

I am trying to play the video using one of the following: Media Player, Real Player or DirectX Player.

I appreciate all the help I can get with this.

Thanks!

RedheadGirl

If there is a .cue file, you need to burn it to a cd. It is an image file.
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

ya...image for sure (bin+cue) - ....you can read the msinfo docs with notepad.
    Do you smell something burning?....

Question BIN Video file

[/COLOR]

Greetings again!

I'm guessing that I need to burn the CD or DVD before I get to view the video. If so, will it burn the corresponding image file with the corresponding audio file? I have Nero and Roxio, which might be better to use?

Is this the "new" way to do video files... Not "new" and "easier"... ???LOL

I'm really having difficulty with this thing... I was going to say "thing stupid thing", but I'm probably the "stupid" one.

Thanks everyone!

Red [SIZE=1]

Open nero, pop in a blank cd, file, create cd from image, find the bin file in the box that opens, ok and away you go.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Question Nero Burn of BIN File

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Open nero, pop in a blank cd, file, create cd from image, find the bin file in the box that opens, ok and away you go.

Greetings!

Thanks NooNoo! I tried all kinds of ways to burn a disc with Nero... It tells me I have an unexpected file format. It doesn't minde the .CUE file, but Nero doesn't know what to do with the .BIN file.

I swear that I'm not trying to make this difficult.

Nero has many options, I think I tried all of them. Nero thinks .CUE is a image file, but not .BIN. I could possibly force a burn of a data disc, but would it open to play a video? I tried an enhanced VCD or a plain VCD... a Music CD etc.

I can cook a mean Prime Rib Roast or Vegatable Soup... copy picture CD's, lots of things...LOL! This video file is making me look dumb and dumber... <grin>

I even tried a Mixed CD and an image CD... again the .CUE was the only acceptable file format... could give up, but wanted to watch the video.

Thanks for everything. I must have missed something.

Red

Nero is right, my bad

The cue tells nero what to do with the bin, it will find the associated bin if the cue file is right.

Burn it to a cdrw if you are not sure first.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I'm confus-ed .... hows she gonna burn the 'bin' if she ain't got a 'cue ' ?

... the 'cue' is the 'table of contents' or doesn't it matter !?!?!

Internet Linebacker
    If you don't feel like screwing with burning it to a CD, you can always use ISOBuster to extract files & folders from the CD image just like you would from a zip file.

I Believe if you do not want to go through all this hassle just get vcdgear and convert it to mpeg using the options find bin to mpeg
    Last edited by Ferrit; December 29th, 2003 at 10:29 AM.
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

www.burnatonce.com

This little utility takes a bin and cue file and will burn it to a cd with no probs. When Nero won't burn a bin for whatever reason, this utilty always would so I use it excusively. Free too.

Also, Alcohol 120% is a very good utility as well for this. This proggy will allow you to mount the bin file on a virtual cd drive, I use this a lot as well. This one costs money.

Lightbulb Burn *.BIN file to create a watchable CD/DVD

Quote Originally Posted by mhubbard
    www.burnatonce.com

This little utility takes a bin and cue file and will burn it to a cd with no probs. When Nero won't burn a bin for whatever reason, this utilty always would so I use it excusively. Free too.

Also, Alcohol 120% is a very good utility as well for this. This proggy will allow you to mount the bin file on a virtual cd drive, I use this a lot as well. This one costs money.

To everyone who took time out to try and help me (and not just give me a bad time)... Cheers to you! Thanks!

I will try this program, if it doesn't work... I have heard good things about Alcohol 120.

To the person who suggested the VCDgear, thanks, I will put it on my wish list for when I get some $cash$.

You are all great!

Red