Isapnp.vxd Error

Thread: Isapnp.vxd Error

Question Isapnp.vxd Error

[FONT=Impact][SIZE=7]I am assisting a single mom fix her computer. This is an eMachine 633is with a cognac+ motherboard and a phoenix Bios. I can not get the bios string so I do not know the version.

When I try to update the video driver it fails. Looked at Device Manger and the Intel 82801AA LPC system device has a bang. In properties it says that the computer is saying it has two ISAPNP.VXD bus types. Contact computer manufacturer and get an update. Called eMachines - they sent me to Tri gem - Tri Gem has not yet responded. Called Phoenix Bios and they sent me to eMachines.

Where can I find the Bios version? Where can I get an Updated Bios that will not fry the machine?

Thanks for your help.

The very first POST-screen, just before the message 'Hit DEL to enter setup' appears reveals the bios version in the upper section of the screen. The mobo info appears in the lower left corner at about the same time. Hit 'Pause' so you can write down all the odd numbers.

/Hugo

this is a great site for emachines - this is your motherboard - on the left click drivers, there is an update for the video there.

Boot to safe mode and remove any duplicated devices and any with !. If there are duplicates, remove ALL the devices that are duplicated, you do not know which one windows thinks it should use. Reboot to normal mode and allow detect and install drivers accordingly.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

82801 driver

Quote Originally Posted by SWOOSTER3
    [FONT=Impact][SIZE=7]I am assisting a single mom fix her computer. This is an eMachine 633is with a cognac+ motherboard and a phoenix Bios. I can not get the bios string so I do not know the version.

When I try to update the video driver it fails. Looked at Device Manger and the Intel 82801AA LPC system device has a bang. In properties it says that the computer is saying it has two ISAPNP.VXD bus types. Contact computer manufacturer and get an update. Called eMachines - they sent me to Tri gem - Tri Gem has not yet responded. Called Phoenix Bios and they sent me to eMachines.

Where can I find the Bios version? Where can I get an Updated Bios that will not fry the machine?

Thanks for your help.
    I have the same problem but when I loaded Win 200 pro the bang was gone so I think we are dealing with with a driver. I have loaded ME,and have the same bang. Still looking.

It may not be the bios,but the software driver for ME.I am having the same problem,but it OK with Win 200 Pro so that tells me it is the drivers fo ME.

Welcome to Windrivers tk0329. Could well be, but Swooster asked for a bios update, which was posted, but he has not replied... so we will never know
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."