DVD XCopy Xpress

Thread: DVD XCopy Xpress

DVD XCopy Xpress

First off, I have no problem using DVD XCopy Xpress v.2.5.1. I can copy any movie I want with no problem. The problem I'm having is I cannot use v.3.2.1. It just won't work for me. All it does is copy the movie to the HDD then goes to write it, it burns the lead-in info and then a pop up window appears that says "Error writing DVD" with an OK button in it (no other options) so then I click on OK and then it finalizes the DVD, instant coaster. My system is totally taken over by this program too, I can't eject the DVD before it finalizes the DVD, the eject button I guess gets disabled plus, if I use a paperclip to manually eject the DVD, the drive just sucks the disc tray back in as if to say no way.

Has anyone else had problems like this with v.3.2.1? I've contacted their tech support but all they do is give me the run-a-round. They say that the particular movie I'm trying to copy requires a special TDF file, well guess what, they haven't got it and the problem I'm having doesn't have anything to do with titlesets or languages. Besides, all the movies I've been trying to copy with v.3.2.1 I've been able to burn with v.2.5.1. TDF files have nothing to do with program lockups or glitches. Here's a quote from my ongoing e-mail with 321Studios-

"How do I know if I need a TDF file?
    A TDF file will not fix a failed backup. TDF files do not correct driver problems or bugs that may exist in the application. However, if you successfully create a backup but the backup has the incorrect titleset, audio language, video format, or subtitle on it, it is likely that a TDF file will fix the problem."

It even states it right there, I have no driver issues because I can copy anything I want with v.2.5.1 so there must be a bug with their program, but they don't want to admit it. They don't even want to tell me to continue using v.2.5.1 until there's been another update to their program. They keep telling me to look for TDF files for the movies I want to copy with v.3.2.1. The program doesn't even get far enough into the burning process for me to even see if it's having difficulties copying the movies I want to copy. Shouldn't v.3.2.1 have the same compatabilities with movies that v.2.5.1 has? I don't know, it just really fries me when all I get back from them is incompetent answers. TDF files do not correct bugs that may exist in the application. Why can't they just admit that there are issues with v.3.2.1 and be done with it.
    Sometimes the light’s all shinin’ on me;
    Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it’s been.

I've had a few movies that it won't copy. They weren't episodics either. But, I haven't had any problems other than that.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Well, as much as 321Studios didn't want to have to admit it to me, they finally sent me an email stating that there are issues with DVD XCopy XPress v.3.2.1 and that there should be another update out shortly to correct the issues at hand with their software. 321Studios told me that there are issues with the drivers incorporated in v.3.2.1 with some DVD recorders and they're working on a fix. Now all I have to do is wait and see how long that's going to take for them to issue.
    Sometimes the light’s all shinin’ on me;
    Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it’s been.

Bloomin' stupid TDF files !

& that's why I don't use DVD copy xpress or its big brother ! ...TDF files are 'tittle definition format' files ... in other words someone at DVD xpress has to work out all the 'shrinks' applicable to any dvd to get it to fit on 4.3 gig dvd, so that their application actually does what it claims, given how the software works this is always gonna be the case, its incapable unlike other proggies of actually working out how much any individual file needs to be 'shrunk' (re-encoded) to fit, & therefore how much all the other files need too ! So with new films you have to wait until they produce a tdf for that...

Well if you ask me that's just pooh ! Try something else ! Like maybe DVDShrink ? (that's free as well )

Do you have a 4x burner?

The newest version does not copy 4x dvds well. As there is no option to change to 2x, the only solution that I am aware of is to findf 2x media.

I had this problem, so i went back to an older version.
    The unbreakable toy is good for breaking other toys...

Lightbulb DVD x copy

What movie are you trying to "backup"? There are a great many sites dedicated to to making and posting 321 Studios TDF files. Just about all of them name movies that people have been unable to back up and they are usually episodic DVDs. 321 has just posted the update to DVDxCopy on its website. It fixed a few of the episodic copying probs I have been having and will most likely be the last update available as 321 Studios was just ordered to stop selling this software within 7 days. If you want it, get it whilst you can... Confus-ed also has a good idea...DVDshrink is also a really good program and works well with Nero.