internal kernel error-3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: internal kernel error-3

Quote Originally Posted by dqdave1
    I am assuming since I have gotten no responces to this problem it has stumped everyone,.
    Its the fact that its a novell application not a windows one & we are talking about 1995 or therabouts for this application? Last time I saw it, it was anyway

I know this is a bit lame, but can't you open your existing sheets with something else ? I'm fairly sure office has the right 'converters' or don't we have that ?

internal kernel error 3; what does this mean?
    Yup there is indeed another thread on this ... please confine yourself to one Thread per topic.

In direct answer - it means an instruction failed, but that doesn't help much. So now I'll roll my eyes at you too ... Having first stuck my toungue out as well !

I have been busy for a few days, I cannot find anything helpful about this error, Novell seems to have abandoned it.

The only thing I can think of is that the 98se at work is still working in 16bit.

Try opening my computer, right click on the hard drive and clicking properties. On the general table under the label and type there is file system. What file system is on both machines?

Only other thing that might be on your home machine is that you have a hardware problem that most of your applications tolerate, but the Novell app can't. Ram comes to mind here.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    I have been busy for a few days, I cannot find anything helpful about this error, Novell seems to have abandoned it.

The only thing I can think of is that the 98se at work is still working in 16bit.

Try opening my computer, right click on the hard drive and clicking properties. On the general table under the label and type there is file system. What file system is on both machines?

Only other thing that might be on your home machine is that you have a hardware problem that most of your applications tolerate, but the Novell app can't. Ram comes to mind here.
    Machine has 384 megs of ram (356 + 128) I swapped them around to see if that mattered; it didnt; reloaded windows ; no help; loaded perfectworks on another pc at home ; works fine; Something with the one machine. Redy to wipe system clean and start over. Now notice when you reboot floppy runs for about 5 seconds even with no disk in ( finding floppy) . I have many files on this program and hate to lose them.
    Dave

right click on my computer, properties, last tab, does it say anything about running in compatibility mode?

Also could you answer the question about the file system please?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

right click on my computer, properties, last tab, does it say anything about running in compatibility mode?

Also could you answer the question about the file system please?
    Sorry; forgot about file system question; it is fat 32 on both. windows 98 se does not offer a compatability mode.

Sorry; forgot about file system question; it is fat 32 on both. windows 98 se does not offer a compatability mode.
    note; I just received a "cannot find PWORKS.EXE file; when I tried to reindtall program I noticed that wizard stopped for a few seconds at PWORKS. EXE FILE AS IT WAS LOADING; DOES THIS HELP?

note; I just received a "cannot find PWORKS.EXE file; when I tried to reindtall program I noticed that wizard stopped for a few seconds at PWORKS. EXE FILE AS IT WAS LOADING; DOES THIS HELP?
    Well can you find it with search ? It may just pause as its a 'big' file, but if you can't find it mannually then the install isn't working correctly which would appear to be the 'cause' if not the solution, but it does take us a little further ...

I do seem to remember asking about the install, but you just glossed over it & said it was ok (I think ? - but that was on the 'other' thread)

I am wondering about antivirus getting in the way now....?

I am wondering about antivirus getting in the way now....?
    Anti virus shut down; I removed software called panicware ( pop-up stopper )and spreadsheets appeared til PC was rebooted; gone again. Panic ware still gone. this is driving me crazy

stuff like panic ware rarely uninstalls fully, same with antivirus, it may not be working, but it still could be interfering. Just how far are you prepared to go to solve this?

stuff like panic ware rarely uninstalls fully, same with antivirus, it may not be working, but it still could be interfering. Just how far are you prepared to go to solve this?
    At this point it is a challenge; I was in device manager and noticed that the intel 82802 firmware hub device is missing driver (yellow ! mark ) ; I tried to download a driver but keep getting a error passing voucher notice and if I go to E:\INSTALL\IKERNEL.EX it will not load. Is this any help?

Sounds like it's getting worse then better. Weigh the problems together and decide if the downtime from troubleshooting is worth it. Perhaps a backup and reload is in order - as to prevent anymore problems arising that cause you to lose the data.
    Do you smell something burning?....

Quote Originally Posted by sLIVER
    Sounds like it's getting worse then better. Weigh the problems together and decide if the downtime from troubleshooting is worth it. Perhaps a backup and reload is in order - as to prevent anymore problems arising that cause you to lose the data.
    Everything runs fine on PC except the spreadsheet view of this program; very strange; yes this is an old program but I have used it for a long time and hate to lose the files on this PC and at this time cannot back them up. I have norton 2003 on system; I deleted it; I do not know where panicware came from; it also is deleted; how can I check to see if it is completely gone?

I'd check out regcleaner...here's one spot I found it.
    http://www.docsdownloads.com/regclean.htm

It'll show you reg keys where software tends to leave things behind - and you're able to remove it.

maybe a run through with spybot might be a good idea as well.
    Do you smell something burning?....