IBM Aptiva driver issues

Thread: IBM Aptiva driver issues

Question IBM Aptiva driver issues

My girlfriends dad has an IMB Aptiva with a multimedia monitor. I just recently re-installed the OS with his Windows 98 SE and I am having trouble with the drivers for the monitor's integrated sound. At this point all the drivers are loaded and functioning properly (so Windows says), but there is no sound output and the sound controls on the monitor do not register. When i say register I mean that the volume bar comes up on the screen when you turn the knob or if you hit mute it displays MUTE on the screen.

I have seen Aptivas with problems like this before since they have a strange configuration, but ususally the IBM drivers take care of this.
    The monitor's sound does not connect via a regular 1/8" jack (even though one exists) but via a PS/2 connector on the back of the PC just below the PSU. Has anyone got experience with these or seen this issue before?

System specs...

System : IBM Aptiva 2140L31
    CPU : P233
    RAM : 350MB (originally 32MB)
    Monitor : IBM MM55
    Sound card : Crystal Audio CS4610

As it stands right now I am not sure if this problem resides with the sound drivers or the monitor drivers. After reading the IBM documentaion on their site it appears possible that some BIOS settings could be at fault as well, although I checked this and everything seems right.

Thanks in advance.
    I dont feel tardy...

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Yes, it is a Bose sound system.

The one link I have not tried yet is the auto detect. Reason being that his dial up connection is horrendous. I may eventually have to grab his system and hook it up on my LAN to get this resolved that way.

I was looking at the tier level too but that looks to be set properly as well. The fact that no changes have been made to the bios reenforces that thought.

Thanks for the response NooNoo. I will try a couple of other things and post the results.
    I dont feel tardy...