Worst Movie of 2003 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Worst Movie of 2003

Hi Gang,
    I would like to agree with everyone that thought the second matrix sucked. I think I'll go ahead and make better use of the hour and a half and jack off rather than watching the third movie. I don't know if anyone else will agree with me here, but my least favorite character in the Matrix is morpheus. He's so prophetic and annoying, I feel like I'm church or something, and since I'm an atheist I don't like to be there either .

Terminator 3 was pleasing to me, I walked in there expecting action and the complete destruction of the story-line. Luckily I got plenty of action and special effects and was pleasantly surprised to find out that they didn't screw the story-line after all. I also think Claire daines did a terrific job of playing a likeable character. The T3 robot chick in my opinion wasn't that hot and wasn't that scary either. In T2 the robot was less powerful, but relentless. In T3 she just stands there looking tough, takes about 3 of Arnold's punches and then sends him six feet in the air with one punch. If she's so strong and dangerous shouldn't she be unrelenting like a machine and not boasty like a human? That being said T3 is worth seeing it's just a fun action packed example of good 3D graphics. Although I will say that T2 was by far the best one in the series and the thing I always liked about the Terminator series was likeable characters and good story-line for a sci fi film. While I do enjoy James Bond films I never like bond, because he's mechanical, he has no weaknesses or notably human traits. The makers of terminator have done such a better job of character development that I wind up liking a robot more than pierce brosnan or whoever is playing bond this week .

Spiderman was indeed the shiznit.

The Hulk was an embarassment after seeing wonderful replications like Spiderman and the X-Men series. The main thing I didn't like was Nick Nolte and his psycho pets. I absolutely hated Nick, who normally I like, and found the evil creatures to be discusting and unenjoyable.

Well that's my 0.02 .
    Cheers,
    Christian Blackburn
    Last edited by seier; January 3rd, 2004 at 09:24 PM.
    Thanks,
    Christian Blackburn
    www.RawSeattle.org

Internet Linebacker
    Underworld. 2 parts the Matrix, 2 parts Blade, and 1 part Romeo & Juliet. If you've seen 2 of those 3 movies, you've already seen the majority of Underworld & don't need to bother with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larommi
    or More Faster and Furiouserer or whatever it was called.
    Arf

Did anyone see Biker Boyz? I saw the DVD for sale in Asda (WalMart) and was convinced it would have to stink.
    And Control Enter STILL wont let me post a reply.

In one of the really, really Blue states.
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb
    Yea, though I know that LXG was based on a graphic novel, yet do I loathe it. It's just, gee, so sleazy and contrived. We get a new Invisible Man who isn't driven insane by the drug, a Mr. Hyde who couldn't be fitted into the original novel any way, shape, form, or fashion, a Nemo/Nautilus combo that has Verne spinning in his grave, and worst of all, Mina Harker as a vampire. But, like, you know, a good vampire, who only bites evildoers and doesn't have that annoying problem with sunlight. Or being consumed, corrupted, and possesed by Evil.

I can deal with movies that take liberties with the books they're based on (like Peter Jackson's excellent LOTR series) just so long as they remain true to the spirit, but I just can't handle movies that steal names and a vague concept of what the books may have been about,and then completely ignore the author's vision. Here was a concept that might have worked if the creator didn't feel the need to throw in every current visual and scripting cliche.

Then again, maybe I'm just an old fart.
    HUH? I have never seen a movie more true to a book(s) than LOTR. I was amazed that much of the dialogue was word for word from the books. True that some characters (Bombadil) and chapters (Shortcut to Mushrooms) were left out but on the whole remarkably true to the books. It was probably cut for time reasons. Movies like the Hunt for Red October could have used a little more true to the book inspiration.

Yeah, I loved LOTR! Certainly no way everything in the books could have been kept in the films. Like I said,though, Jackson stayed true to the spirit, and that's what made the films so outstanding.

The worst movie had to be "The Hulk", it was just so boring. It was a waste of time.
    T3 I thought was fairly good though. I do agree that the TX character was different than the last one, but there is numerous explainations for that I can think of. I just like thinking she completed some of her goals, what will the future hold now? OOOOO... anyways, I heard an someone else is producing a T4... however that looks like it could just be a B-movie.
    As for the Matrix. I dunno why most people didn't like the second two movies, I enjoyed them a lot. Perhaps it's because most people ddin't pick up on most of the underlying story metaphors or what have you. I don't know. I admit the second one was a bit slow. But the invasion scene in the third one was awesome, at least I thought so.
    I thought Underworld was actually a decent movie. Certainly not the best, but certainly not the worst. I just enjoyed the "new" take on the old vampire genre. I realize it's not a new concept but it hasn't been done to death like all this other Vampire stuff in the last few years. And hopefully it won't be attempted again for a long time as I'm rather tired of the vampire scene.
    Spiderman rocked. Well done movie even if it wasn't a 2003 flick.
    LXG I haven't seen it so I can't mention much, but from what I heard it stank. And from what I have seen of it it looked quite lacking. But like someone said, it's a comic book deal, meh.

A quick question tho if anyone is still paying attention; What did you guys (who actually saw it) of the movie Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain (2001)?

PS LOTR shouldn't even be mentioned in a forum entitled "Worst Movie"!
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    I haven't even seen it, but I don't need to to nominate Gigli as the all-time worst movie of 2003.

Check out some comments here: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/Gigli-1124237/
    I won't watch Gigli and I have to say that probably is the worst flick for 2003 but the worst flick period is Knock Off (1998) which I did see, unfortunately! I swore to never speak about watching the film yet I feel it is my duty to warn other people about it.

LXG was really really bad..

Hmm... I guess I'm not suprised that they're going to make a T4 movie. I think this time the whole story should happen in the present tense. Jon Conners should be an adult and in command of legions in what is "our" future. However the fact that they're changing producers probably doesn't mean that they're planning a B-Movie. The terminator series is such a money maker that they wouldn't bother releasing a B-movie. I personally was amazed when disney made Aladdin II a VHS only film so perhaps I'll be wrong here too, but I just don't see them spending all that money on nothing. They can afford the writers, the actors, special effects, and whatever else it'll take to make a fitting sequel.

By the way I liked the Animatrix, but I really just wanted to gag when I watched the Matrix Reloaded. It was so unbelievably stupid and weird.

Cheers,
    Christian Blackburn
    Thanks,
    Christian Blackburn
    www.RawSeattle.org

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seier
    I personally was amazed when disney made Aladdin II a VHS only film so perhaps I'll be wrong here too, but I just don't see them spending all that money on nothing.
    Thank you for proving what I thought you were with this little sentence

First, I rarely go to the movies, as I get so tired of some idiot with no life, who has already seen the movie 14 times, telling me what is going to happen next. So, I only go when it is a "larger than life movie", or at least one I am *expecting* to be such.

So while I really enjoyed X2, and RotK, it was because they lived up to my expectations, and more.

I would rather eat liver than ever waste my money on something like GIGLI.

T4? Oh, crap! How will Ahnold ever balance his 2 careers?

Arnold is out of date... it will be the new girl as the savior with the original kid who is now doped up out of his mind who will be the next generation of killer robots... talk about kissing your career down the drain thanks to drugs...

He wont have too. It would probably take place where the last one left off. There would be more humans than machines and they would be the basic ones you saw in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Larommi
    It would probably take place where the last one left off. There would be more humans than machines
    Hi Larommi,
    Don't you mean more machines than humans since the earth's surface was just destroyed. I don't know about you, but I'm up for the idea of repopulating the earth with Claire Daines. She's not the hottest actress in the world, but I wouldn't exactly kick her out of bed either .
    Cheers,
    Christian Blackburn
    Thanks,
    Christian Blackburn
    www.RawSeattle.org