Outlook 2000 Contacts

Thread: Outlook 2000 Contacts

Outlook 2000 Contacts

Machine is running 98SE with Office 2000 Premium. The only thing Outlook is used for is to keep a list of contacts and tasks. Outlook Express is the email client. I can bring up Outlook in either the safe mode or normal mode, look at the tasks just fine, and I can open the contacts just fine. However, if I try to click on a contact, or try to add a contact, I get an invalid page fault in outllib.dll. Looked at Q170600. Even exported the personal folder including subfolders to a pst file, uninstalled Office, reinstalled it, but did not inport the pst file, and still get the error in Outlook. Anyone run across this before? Tks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat
    Machine is running 98SE with Office 2000 Premium. The only thing Outlook is used for is to keep a list of contacts and tasks. Outlook Express is the email client. I can bring up Outlook in either the safe mode or normal mode, look at the tasks just fine, and I can open the contacts just fine. However, if I try to click on a contact, or try to add a contact, I get an invalid page fault in outllib.dll. Looked at Q170600. Even exported the personal folder including subfolders to a pst file, uninstalled Office, reinstalled it, but did not inport the pst file, and still get the error in Outlook. Anyone run across this before? Tks in advance.
    Have you tried opening the exported .pst on another computer with Office?
    Do You Realize? - that you have the most beautiful face
    Do You Realize? - we're floating in space -
    Do You Realize? - that happiness makes you cry
    Do You Realize? - that everyone you know someday will die

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar
    Have you tried opening the exported .pst on another computer with Office?
    No, I haven't done that because after I reload Office, aand don't import the backup.pst, I still can't add a new contact. Thinking I have some sort of windows issue here, or maybe a conflict with Outlook Express. All this secretary does is use Outlook as a rolodex. Maybe I'll just get her a contact manager seperate from Outlook. Even the Palm Desktop would work.

Tks for your time.

All this secretary does is use Outlook as a rolodex.
    Of course, you know that Outlook Express has a fairly decent Address Book also. Primarily, in .wab format but you can also import a .csv file (comma separated values) easily also. I understand it might be a bit of work especially if she has a lot of individual contacts.

As for a possibly conflict, that might be distinct possibility. Usually, each of those programs will try (or should ask) to be set as the Default Mail Handler...but I wouldn't think that should be effecting your Contacts...but stranger things have happened. I try to use one or the other...not both.

Just a suggestion...