Pinnacle Showcenter

Thread: Pinnacle Showcenter

Pinnacle Showcenter

Having problems getting this device to work this is what I emailed to Pinnacle: "I received Pinnacle's Showcenter a few day's ago for Christmas and I'm having some problems. I've installed the Showcenter software on a Windows 2000 system. Showcenter detects the server but when I select the server a press ok Showcenter freezes. The only thing I can do once it freezes is turn it off and back on. I ran the Showcenters software update version 2.0 and Showcenter connected and updated the firmware. Still even after the firmware update Showcenter freezes when selecting my server. I also checked to see if I could connect to the server from a Win XP computer by browsing to http://myserver:8000/ I was able to browse Showcenter's interface software."

Computer Specs

Mobo Tyan Trintiy 230
    Dual 1 GHz CPU
    1 GB PC133
    ATI Radeon 64 MB VIVO
    SB Audigy 2
    Striped RAID 2x IBM 75GB 7200RPM on Silicon Image Controller
    NIC is 3com 905c

Software

Windows 2000
    Service Pak 4
    All critical updates
    Direct X 9b
    Showcenter v2.0 Build 90

Firmware version on Showcenter
    03-08-031112-09-PIN-101-000
    File System V. 09.PIN

I can't find a Trinity 230 but I found a Tiger 230 from Tyan. I just looked quickly tho. The Tiger has a VIA chipset, they can be a bit weird. Have you tried updating the VIA drivers? www.viaarena.com is where I usually get them from... If the board has another chipset, try finding updated 2000 drivers. That may or may not help...

I have used Pinnacle stuff before, powerful stuff... but really picky and annoying when it comes to OS and drivers...
    Last edited by arch0nmyc0n; January 3rd, 2004 at 02:43 PM.
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Thanks, for the repley arch0nmyc0n. I also had the same results from another computer. The other computer is P4 2.4, Asus p4p800-vm with an intel 865 chipset. I spoke with someone at pinnacle they thought I had a deffective unit. I just returned it and I'm getting another one shipped out. Also you were right it's a tiger 230 with a via chipset not a trinity.
    Last edited by addict; January 7th, 2004 at 11:50 AM.

Well try updating the intel drivers from their website here:

ftp://aiedownload.intel.com/df-suppo...nfinst_enu.exe

if that doesn't work try grabbing it from here:

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...ProductID=1049

Pinnacle is a pain to deal with. They know very little about their own software. Well, at least the 3 or 4 agents I talked to didn't help at all. A few headaches but the benefits of their program were worth it.
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.