windows server 2003 compaq raid support ?

Thread: windows server 2003 compaq raid support ?

Question windows server 2003 compaq raid support ?

is anyone knows whether windows server 2003 supports and recognizes
    Compaq 64 bit 66MHz Dual Channel Wide Ultra3 SCSI Adapter during installation or must we have a driver diskette

Yes, it should.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by silencio
    Yes, it should.
    I like that answer...short and sweet.

Anyway, I came across HP ProLiant 64-Bit/66-Mhz Dual Channel Wide Ultra3 SCSI Controller Driver for Windows Server 2003. Looks like it's dated 17 Dec 03...pretty recent update.

Hope this is what you're looking for.

And oh yeah, Welcome to WinDrivers!
    Last edited by DonJ; January 8th, 2004 at 02:36 PM.

Short and sweet is my middle name Well, not really..

Compaq is usually pretty good about testing drivers before an OS rollout now. The version of ADPU160M.SYS in the 2003 Server distro is dated March 2003. It's always good to grab the updates to fix bugs but the default 2003 driver is fine for the install. Compaq installs are easiest if you run it from smartstart. If you've got a completely blank compaq server there aceylan you'll most likely need to use smartstart to config it. Smartstart sets up the hardware, creates the raid partitions, and adds the diagnostic partition (which you need to configure the hardware).

Question what about compact smart array 532 card and windows server 2003

can i do the samething with smart start for compaq smart array 532 card when installing windows server 2003

Same thing as what aceylan? Did you hit new thread instead of post reply?

Edit, yes you must have, I have merged the threads for easy reading.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Same thing as what aceylan? Did you hit new thread instead of post reply?

Edit, yes you must have, I have merged the threads for easy reading.
    Hey I'm confus-ed not you ... so that means he wants to do the 'smartstart thingee' instead of giving it a driver diskette ??? I still am confus-ed !

Using the Smartstart would be the easiest way to install it, as long as it is a recent enough version that will support a 2003 install. It will install any drivers needed as well as the Compaq support software. Smartstart comes with the server, so if the 532 is being added to an older server that may not be an option. A strait 2003 install will also work since support for the 532 controller is included.

Once you use smartstart to setup the hardware and install the diagnostic partition you can install any OS. This applies to old and new systems.

The trick is to hit the uh,,, some key (f10? you'll see the option if you watch close) when you FIRST boot on a BLANK system. If you allow the gui part of smartstart to begin it'll prompt you to do an assisted/integrated/manual install and things may get complicated if you haven't done it before.

Running system erase is always an option if you make a mistake during the install.

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    Hey I'm confus-ed not you ... so that means he wants to do the 'smartstart thingee' instead of giving it a driver diskette ??? I still am confus-ed !
    You can't install an OS on a compaq system without first using smartstart to configure the system. You need to configure RAID partitions to present to the OS otherwise your going to wind up with a bunged install.

A driver disk won't help this situation and also, isn't needed to support the above mentioned raid controller.

Quote Originally Posted by silencio
    You can't install an OS on a compaq system without first using smartstart to configure the system. You need to configure RAID partitions to present to the OS otherwise your going to wind up with a bunged install.

A driver disk won't help this situation and also, isn't needed to support the above mentioned raid controller.
    You have to ? ... Generally compaq servers are 'without' my remit, (if they are new) being inside compaq maintenance agreements (so why am I fixing it?), so I don't generally set any up from scratch, I have done it occasionally, but never actually used smartstart though I've heard others 'muttering' about it...